PDA

View Full Version : Alhambra turbo faults again!

Bostrom998
24-08-2007, 10:39 PM
Can anyone please help?

We have a Seat Alhambra TDi 130 Bhp and yes that old chestnut the turbo problem has shown its ugly head!
Fault code recorded: "Turbo/supercharger overboost condition" Intermitant fault.

First the turbo would cut out & vehicle go into limp mode around town at about 2500 rpm..
We found the turbo actuator to be seized: Replaced turbo.....................
Then the turbo would spin up & power you up to 50-60 Mph (cool)..then drop into limp mode again just as you put your foot down to overtake:aargh4:.
A few more checks discovered the turbo boost control valve (On the bulk head) to be faulty: Fit new & road test.....same fault :confused:.
Another look & found the EGR valve to be so blocked that it wouldn't release the turbo pressure & the diaphram was shot so it wouldn't hold any vac: Ripped off & fitted new....
Well now the car takes off & the turbo seemed fine..............then at 70-80 Mph (not on the public highway officer :o ) the damn thing drops into limp mode again!!!!!!
Now I realy am running out of ideas, We have changed the turbo, boost switch, pressure sensor, EGR valve, many many vac pipes, the MAF sensor is giving all the correct readings but still the fault code that gets spat out is "Turbo/supercharger overboost condition" Intermitant fault.
Please, Please, Please can anyone help before I buy a can of petrol & box of matches from ASDA!!!!! :zx11::confused::zx11::confused::zx11::confused:
Many thanks for reading my rantings.

Bostrom998
28-08-2007, 07:10 AM
Please,Please,Please can anyone help with this problem as I am starting to go insane:aargh4: