PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Key troubles

scott13
27-03-2013, 11:13 PM
I recently bought a Q7 with advanced key. I can unlock all the doors by pulling any handle once the indicators flash and then re-pull and the door is open. The start and stop buttons work fine too but both my drivers door buttons to lock the car don't work. The drivers door button is really hard to press and the drivers rear door doesn't do anything. Both passengers buttons work so I was wondering is there a way to enable/disable certain doors?

Or have I got two broken handles even though the unlock feature works. It was weird though as when I first brought the car home I was in the back getting the owners manual, service book etc out and after just closing the door over it automatically locked. Weird setup that I haven't got used to yet or possibly just a faulty sensor

It is a bit stupid to worry about having to take the key out my pocket to lock the car or walk round the other side and press the passenger door button but I'd like it to be perfect

66Cobra
28-03-2013, 11:09 PM
Hi Scott13

Had sameproblem needed two new door handles drivers side. See if you can get a systemVCDS scan and you will possibly have same faults as me. (link below)

Question Door Handle Touch Sensor (G418) 007 - Short to Ground (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?131119-Door-Handle-Touch-Sensor-(G418)-007-Short-to-Ground)

It has to benew door handles because the sensor is in the door handle and they are resinbonded together when manufactured.

scott13
29-03-2013, 12:02 AM
Hi 66Cobra, thanks for your response

My touch sensors work, I can open the car all round but the lock buttons don't do anything on both drivers doors. I read somewhere that someone swapped their handles round to check if the handle was indeed faulty but obviously that couldn't be done with the drivers one as it has a key hole but even if I could get the rear ones swapped so I could lock it from the drivers side it would make a difference. So lazy ehh lol, all to save taking the key out my pocket

Can I ask how much was a new handle? and was it an easy job to change? I read that they come off pretty easy

66Cobra
29-03-2013, 12:40 AM
hi Scott13

I had mine doneunder warranty but I believe it can be as much as £300 per handle as theyrequire painting, If done by Audi. The handles are a pain because of the kesssystem the internal door panel needs to be removed to disconnect the wiring, there'sa video on YouTube that shows the removal of the handle without the kess systemand you only have to remove a grommet just inside the door near the lock to getaccess to the retaining clip. SAL'S PREMIUM AUTO COLLISION REAR AUDI Q7 OUTSIDE HUNDLE REMOVE - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNg3Wnc6yAQ)

Good Luck they can be a pain but what a car.