PDA

View Full Version : Please Help A2 management light on!

jankow777
27-03-2013, 08:50 PM
Hi folks, just picked up my first A2 today. Lovely motor in great nick. Drove 14 miles then management light came on. Flashing at first then stayed on. Also oil warning icon appeared. Panic. Started to lose power but decided to pull off the road to investigate. Checked oil level, fine. As i`m no mechanic i called AA. They diagnosed the fault as being a code P03 02. Is this a common problem and is it expensive to remedy.
Thanks in advance from a newbee
Tony:(

scott13
27-03-2013, 09:08 PM
If you google the fault code it says its a coil pack. Not really that expensive to repair but best get it booked in to a garage to have it properly diagnosed if it is still running alright as if it the coil packs away it would be running a bit lumpy and you'd notice. You're other option is take it back if it was a garage you got it from

jankow777
27-03-2013, 10:03 PM
Hi bud, bought the car privately. The guys not returning my calls now.
The car runs fine after starting no problem, its only after a few miles its a bit jittery. Put some petrol in at the station and it went great for a bout 2-3 miles then would splutter a bit then fine. managed to get home eventually. A bit worried about a big bill at the moment though!:(

Guest 2
27-03-2013, 10:05 PM
For curiosity's sake, I would be calling Audi as there was a recall on some petrol models for failing coilpacks.

You could also ring customer service on 0800 699888 .. No harm in trying.

Welcome to VWAF! :D

EssexGonzo
27-03-2013, 10:11 PM
If its a 1.6 FSI, a well known problem. If you google it you'll find plenty of owners links.

jankow777
27-03-2013, 10:12 PM
Hi Chris, should have mentioned its an 02 plate.

jankow777
29-03-2013, 06:17 PM
Hi Chris, put the car to Audi. diagnosed as faulty injector. £505 later, they call me to say management light of problem solved. BUT when they road tested it they said there was a flat spot at 3500 and that the oil pressure light came on.
No luck eh! what could be going on there then?

EssexGonzo
29-03-2013, 09:29 PM
Hi Chris, put the car to Audi. diagnosed as faulty injector. £505 later, they call me to say management light of problem solved. BUT when they road tested it they said there was a flat spot at 3500 and that the oil pressure light came on.
No luck eh! what could be going on there then?

Have you tried the A2 forum A2OC.net?

Just like here but full of A2 obsessives. And truly helpful.

Sorry mods if not allowed to promote another forum....