PDA

View Full Version : 2.0TDI S-Line Quattro S-Tronic...?

AGW82
27-03-2013, 09:16 AM
Hi guys,

Is anybody driving one...?

I've got one on order, and wanted to canvas opinion on driving experience, fuel economy etc..?

I'm currently driving a C7 A6 2.0TDI S-Line manual and previously had a A4 B8 Avant 2.0TDI (143) manual.

Cheers

Andy

dts439
28-03-2013, 12:21 AM
I don't think any have been delivered yet? But I;d also be interested in any opinions.

I was after a demo from my dealer. He does have an A4 allroad in the showroom with this combo but not able to get it on the road... Q5 has had it for a while.

I was interested in it as its 4k less than the equivalent 3.0TDI. On paper does not look much more fuel efficient than the 3 litre which is surprising.

AGW82
28-03-2013, 08:44 AM
Interesting.. I wasn't sure how long the option had been available.. I think it's been available in the TT for a while as well (could be wrong).

MPG is very close to the 3.0TDI but the cost difference on finance especially when your looking at 20k miles PA is quite significant. I would love to have ordered a 3.0TDI but the numbers just didn't add up, especially with the spec I wanted.

Mine is currently scheduled for build week 17 (not locked in) so I should get the car early May, I will drop a review on the forum once it's arrived..

dts439
28-03-2013, 09:20 AM
I'm waiting for some numbers from my dealer on 2.0/3.0 TDI Q S-tronic, though in my case its only 10k/year.

The A4 Avant had the option quietly slipped in from October 2012, but when I asked I think earliest deliveries were March/April this year. The A4 Allroad has had the 2.0TDI S-tronic since at least July 2012.

Will look forward to your reviews. Having had a B7/B8 3.0 TDI auto for the last 5 years I think I would miss the smoothness of the V6 though...

AGW82
28-03-2013, 11:22 AM
I definitely think you will miss the smoothness and torque the V6 brings. I used to drive and A4 Sport with the 2.5 V6 TDI engine, all my cars since have been 2.0TDI cars and they definitely don't give the same driving experience even the 177PS engine in the A6.

AGW82
08-04-2013, 08:44 AM
I managed to get out in an A5 Sportback with the 2.0TDI Quattro S-Tronic combo at the weekend. I was pleasantly surprised by the whole experience to be honest, whilst you don't get the same raw torque and acceleration you do with the 3.0TDI it still gets down the road quite quickly and very smoothly. You do find it will kick down more to find the power over the 3.0TDI but it's still very smooth, in fact because it doesn't throw you back in the seat that much, compared to the 3.0TDI, it does lul you into a false sense of security, and you're doing 85-90MPH before you know it. The car I was in had only covered 500 miles, and the average MPG was showing at 32, I did a run of about 20 miles in it, and got an average of 35MPG but there was plenty of hard acceleration mostly using sport mode on the gearbox.

Overall I'm please I have gone for this option in my A4 Avant over a manual or multitronic, but in all honesty I would still have had the 3.0TDI if the finances would have stretched ...

dts439
08-04-2013, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the update,

I decided to wait until I can get a drive in one before deciding which way to go. The numbers on the 2.0 I receievd were £80/month less thean the equivalent 3.0TDI over 3 years so its a significantsaving .

AGW82
08-04-2013, 11:30 AM
Any particular reason you want to go with a 3 year deal (I'm presuming PCP)..? You will get the monthly amount down if you go on a 4 year deal...