PDA

View Full Version : Handbrake

broncoupe
25-03-2013, 06:17 PM
Does anyone know how to remove the foot operated handbrake unit complete. I have disconnected a couple of bolts and the whole thing rocks now do you need to remove the footbrake accelerator cast mounting assembly to allow the handbrake unit to pivot backwards to remove.
thanks broncoupe

66Cobra
26-03-2013, 01:54 AM
Hi Broncoupe

Hope this info helps.

broncoupe
26-03-2013, 06:05 AM
Thanks for wanting to help.
I purchased the online Audi workshop data. The actual fault is 1 of the heater actuator motors has failed, the item it's self is £100.00 to do the actual install of the part who knows you might as well through a box of spanners in the air and walk off.
The workshop data I purchased would all appear to be LHD only with only smallest of reference to RHD cars, which in this case has a major impact.eg on LHD there's no foot parking brake in the way just a minor detail like forgetting to tell someone there's. brick wall blocking your front door
Wasted all day yesterday trying to make sense of it, have decided to bite the bullet and booked it into my local Audi dealer.
please use this as an example to carefully research a fault as I recon this is going to be really expensive to fix a fault that I am more than capable of doing but you need accurate info to proceed.
regards broncoupe