PDA

View Full Version : Folding rear seats?

MikeBz
20-03-2013, 05:17 PM
Can anyone tell me if the rear seats on the B7 fold forward so that the seat back is pretty much horizontal? Do both the saloon and the estate have the same rear seat folding capability? I can't find any mention of this in the brochure, other than the fact that the seat backs do fold forward. I was passing my local dealer last night not long before they closed & popped in for a look, but they don't have one on display and all the salesmen were far too busy on the 'phone.

Thanks,

Mike

lewyboy
20-03-2013, 07:27 PM
I have a saloon and they do fold down but not completely flat, not far off but not completely.

Not tried to lift the rear seat squab so possible that by doing so they would go flatter.

D4D
20-03-2013, 10:02 PM
Hi, I can confirm they have the same type handles inside the boot area that work in the same way. The saloon has them in front of you underneath the rear screen edge, the estate has them to the left & right of the boot opening. Pull the lever which releases the seat backs, a slight push from within the boot folds them forward (it is a bit of a reach). The seat squab does not lift up in the saloon, I didn't try it in the estate. TBH the squab doesn't need to lift up as the floor in as flat as makes no difference IMO.

MikeBz
21-03-2013, 08:19 AM
Thanks guys.