PDA

View Full Version : New VW Golf GT TDI Breaking In Period and Car care

ash mk7
20-03-2013, 12:31 AM
Hello :)

I took possession of my new VW Golf GT 2.0 TDI today and I would like to ask you for your opinion and advice on how best to manage the breaking in period / first 1000 miles on the car?

Also i would like to ask for your advice on when to start applying car polish and any other cream / wax / car care product I should use on the paintwork and interior?

Thanks.

steve67
20-03-2013, 05:42 PM
Hello :)

I took possession of my new VW Golf GT 2.0 TDI today and I would like to ask you for your opinion and advice on how best to manage the breaking in period / first 1000 miles on the car?

Also i would like to ask for your advice on when to start applying car polish and any other cream / wax / car care product I should use on the paintwork and interior?

Thanks.

hi, take a look here A world for detailers... (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk) for all your car care needs,

as for running in-the salesman told me you don't need to with modern cars , but i still took it steady for a few thousand miles.;)

steve67
20-03-2013, 05:44 PM
nice car by the way.....:D

ash mk7
20-03-2013, 09:40 PM
Cheers mate :)

vwcabriolet1971
21-03-2013, 08:33 AM
Why not follow the makers running-in instructions in your car manual ? I would think that the makers would know more about running-in their engines than anyone else on this forum

maisbitt
21-03-2013, 09:03 AM
For me, I make sure it has some journey variety and ensure I stay under 3000rpm for the first 1000 miles. One Golf TDI 2.0140 I had went immediately on a long motorway journey (320 miles) from picking up at the dealership. That constant sitting on the motorway at 70mph/2000 rpm for the first few hours of it's life was not good for the engine - that car was always thirsty for oil - maybe the bores glazed, and poor on economy (for a TDI). Every other Golf/Scirocco TDI i've had was run in on a mix of shortish drives and they don't use a drop of oil between services - their economy and power also seem higher.

My 170TDI scirocco now has almost 19k miles on the clock and feels like it still has some running in to do as it's power and economy seems to be creeping up and up.