PDA

View Full Version : Oil sensor

Swatton
19-03-2013, 10:55 PM
Hi, unsure if I have put this into the right section.

I bought a skoda Monte Carlo late last year brand new. The car keeps displaying 'oil sensor workshop'. I'm wondering if anyone has had this problem with a skoda before? If so what was the out come.

Ive taken the car back to the dealer 4 times now with the same issue but they can not find a fault code and send me away. I find this very strange as there is a fault?

thanks

zollaf
19-03-2013, 10:58 PM
welcome to the forum. i am sure the collective knowledge will answer your query. my advice would be to take a snap shot of the warning if possible using a mobile phone (obviously safely whilst stopped , handbrake on, engine off. second thought, get passenger to lean across an do it ) present this as evidence to the dealer, jump in a courtesy car and refuse to hand it back until your car is fixed.

Swatton
19-03-2013, 11:11 PM
I have taken a photo of the dash when the light has been visible and I have given the car back to them but unfortunately they won't give me a loan car due to my age. I have taken the car to two dealerships and both find no fault codes. I have written a letter to HQ at skoda due to the lack of help I have received.

Im just wondering if anyone has got the same problem or had this problem.

Thanks for you fed back

Doctle Odd
19-03-2013, 11:48 PM
Get someone to scan the car with VCDS if the light has been flashing there should be an intermittent fault code stored.

Swatton
20-03-2013, 10:02 AM
This has been done already, by skoda and independently. They still have not been able to find any fault code. The first and third time this happened they found split wires to pin 1 and 3 but still not fault codes. This is now the 6th time.

Doctle Odd
20-03-2013, 10:16 AM
Zollaf's courtesy car plan seems to be a sensible next step!

zollaf
20-03-2013, 10:24 AM
so they consider you old enough to buy a car but not old enough to loan you one.
that'll most likely be down to their insurance company, but one phone call from the dealer would most likely get round that one. i appreciate you have written a letter to hq, how long ago and have you had any reply. if not, get on the blower to the boss there, not his secretary. i'm afraid you may need to get tough with them. you have spent a lot of your hard earned on this and they should treat you a bit better.

Doctle Odd
20-03-2013, 10:34 AM
It seems a very shoddy way to treat a guy that bought a brand new car off you. Z is right! demand you speak to the organ grinder, the monkeys are only trained to hold out their tin mug to collect money. I assume you're fully comp insurance wise? This usually allows you to drive any car as long as it's taxed MOT'd etc, Don't be fobbed off or patronised

Swatton
20-03-2013, 02:02 PM
Im female, Plus I'm only 20. I've already complained to city skoda about the after care back in December as I thought the problem had been resolved. I'm now complaining because I'm going round in circles and this can't keep happening

Ive sent the letter recently with record delivery. If I don't get a reply I will take it further. Any suggestion to what it could be or how to resolve this?

aldfort
30-03-2013, 05:45 PM
I don't think this problem is confined to Skoda's it's quite a common problem on a lot a VAG group cars.
One thing that seems to be a common response is that it can't be cleared with VCDS in the normal way and might require a fuse to be popped out.
In any event it might be worth asking your garage to Google "oil sensor workshop" while you are with them.