PDA

View Full Version : Anyone driven the new A6 - thoughts after the A4?

A4BlackEdition
14-03-2013, 09:00 PM
Got given one today when my A4 was in for warranty work. An A6 s-line 2.0tdi 177 avant.

Very, very nice car, the handling and ride were very responsive, supple/fluid in feel. Light sharp steering, felt quick. Interior a fairly big step up in quality from my A4 - a flip up display, angled dials, massive central computer display between the dials, lots of brushed chrome. Not sure if it was maxed out as it had full heated leather (very comfy sporty ones), keyless ignition, sat nav, bluetooth, controls for hifi etc around the centre console.

Overall i reckon anyone getting one of these after a B8 will be a very happy bunny, i thought it would be an unresponsive barge, it was far from it and stylish inside and out. A bit wider than the a4 but not by much.

Anyone else tried one? What did you think?

juniperz
15-03-2013, 12:47 PM
I have had them as courtesy cars a couple of times - well specced like yours (2.0d 177, not sure if SE or S-line - SE I think). I was very impressed, though the experience was heavily influenced by the setting of Drive Select. In eco or comfort, it felt dead and wallowy. In Sport it came alive, good round roundabouts, really nice throttle response, meatier steering. And drank like an Irishman on 17th March (no offence intended!).

dts439
15-03-2013, 07:55 PM
I've not driven one but was attracted by the newer tech and lightness. However (the Avant) is 2" wider and 9" longer which put me off as I find it hard enough to find decent spaces to park the B8. Did it not seem that big ?

A4BlackEdition
16-03-2013, 08:22 PM
I've not driven one but was attracted by the newer tech and lightness. However (the Avant) is 2" wider and 9" longer which put me off as I find it hard enough to find decent spaces to park the B8. Did it not seem that big ?

No didnt seem any bigger than the a4 from inside, a tiny bit if anything. It is slightly wider the a4 is a squeeze at out of the works car park gates due to the mirrors and this was the same, lovely motor i will look at one next time.

AGW82
28-03-2013, 01:57 PM
I made the jump from an 09 B8 S-Line 143PS Avant to a C7 177PS Saloon around 2 years ago.

The A6 is a nice step up and the updated interior was quite refreshing over the A4, I had a few more toys on the A6 with the Tech Pack and 20" Wheels. It's been a great driver but you definitely feel it's a bigger car on the road than the A4, the extra power is nice and the weight of the saloon is almost the same as the A4 Avant due to all the aluminum.

Overall it's been a nice car but I'm now moving back to an A4 Avant for practicality. I did look at the A6 Avant but couldn't get the spec I wanted with a budget I was comfortable with.