PDA

View Full Version : Another valuation...

NickH A4
11-03-2013, 06:38 PM
May part with my MY2010 B8 A4 Avant S line 170 quattro in June. Manual.

She will be 3 years old but will come with a comprehensive 1 one year extended warranty and breakdown cover

Currently on 41k miles.

Extras are s line suspension, B&O, DAB, elec seats with driver memory, phone prep low, cruise control, rear acoustic parking, privacy glass, FSH, 12 tax and MOT. Immaculate inside and out. Mainly motorway miles.

What are your thoughts on PX and private sale?

Also I can extend the warranty for 2 years, clearly a plus for any buyer.

Thanks in advance

Nick

fat controller
11-03-2013, 07:22 PM
I'd guess around £15k?

NickH A4
11-03-2013, 07:49 PM
Is this PX? I hope so at that price :confused:

fat controller
11-03-2013, 08:51 PM
No, I was thinking sale - I bought my 2009MY 143SE (think its an SE Exec actually, but not sure) with 65k on it five months ago for a smidge under £13k including 12 months warranty. Maybe £16k for yours as its pretty mint, but I doubt you'd get much more than that?

NickH A4
11-03-2013, 09:46 PM
Useful view, thanks.

Book prices don't always give much away.

I think it's time for some dealer visits to see what they will commit to on a PX or outright purchase.... watch this space.

Thanks
Nick

fat controller
11-03-2013, 10:31 PM
Its hard to gauge really - a matter of weeks after I bought mine, I found one locally of the same model etc (except it was lava grey, and a 58 plate as opposed to my 09 plate) and it was £17k - - whilst that made me feel pretty good about what I paid for mine, you never know what the real price would be after haggling? Having a look at others for sale, and taking note of how fast they sell - its all well and good hanging out for whatever price you think a car is worth, but you may never get it; equally, if you price it too low you might get a broken wrist as some lucky blighter breaks it whilst grabbing the keys.

Good luck

xtremist
11-03-2013, 11:19 PM
Might be worth contacting http://www.jcoopercars.co.uk/stock.htm. I sold a Seat Leon to him a few years ago for more than I was going to get for px.