PDA

View Full Version : AMI charging and no love for DLR?

eob
08-03-2013, 05:08 PM
Hi,
just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same?
My AMI used to charge my Samsung Galaxy S2 just fine. I could leave it connected and it would charge it up to 100% even when using the nav.
Recently, I noticed that the phone would discharge when using navigation even though the batter had the lightning bold charging symbol.
Starting a couple of days ago, regardless of using nav or not or even already at 100%, I keep hearing the bing bong from the phone that indicates connecting a charger. This just keeps cycling every couple of minutes.
any ideas:confused:

Also, does any other B8 drivers get hate from on coming road users? I can only think its from the DLR but I've had lorry drivers flipping me off. It happened again this morning, I got rage from a wee ned that I came up behind. I wasn't tailgating him or anything or sitting up his chuff to get him to pull over, but my mere presence made him shuffle his knuckles round an imaginary ****.
I certainly never experienced this in my CC, maybe people just don't like me!:p

Ratfink
08-03-2013, 05:44 PM
It may be the cable for the AMI which has a split in it, this happened to an iPod charger that I had, same symptoms, beeps every now and again as if it has just connected and shows icon to show charging but didn't.

As for the DRL, never had that issue, but I live in a sleepy town in Scotland, where everyone knows everyone, and flipping you off would lead to a major fall out next time you bumped into each other.:Blush2:

fat controller
08-03-2013, 09:41 PM
The only grief I have had was from a taxi driver the other night who was apparently desperate for me to move over further into the left lane, as he wanted to get past me into the right hand lane - - - for some unknown reason, he apparently couldn't see the line of parked cars on my nearside, and got all het up because he couldn't get through.

I'd imagine that Boris Johnson would be proud of one of his licensed taxi drivers for not only gesturing to another motorist but also for shouting obscenities out of the window when he finally did get the lane he wanted (only to end up stopping behind the car that was in front of me at a red traffic light a couple of hundred yards ahead).

kodkod.84
08-03-2013, 11:50 PM
You're getting hate cos Audi drivers have taken over from BMW for being ***** on the road- did you get this in your 530d? :biglaugh:

Or they're just jealous of your smart looking Avant

eob
08-03-2013, 11:58 PM
It may be the cable for the AMI which has a split in it, this happened to an iPod charger that I had, same symptoms, beeps every now and again as if it has just connected and shows icon to show charging but didn't.

As for the DRL, never had that issue, but I live in a sleepy town in Scotland, where everyone knows everyone, and flipping you off would lead to a major fall out next time you bumped into each other.:Blush2:

It's not the lead, it works ok from a cigarette lighter USB charger.

You're getting hate cos Audi drivers have taken over from BMW for being ***** on the road- did you get this in your 530d? :biglaugh:

Or they're just jealous of your smart looking Avant

Not to this extent. This is down right hostility. Lol

eob
26-03-2013, 02:45 PM

Well done that man, it WAS a dodgy cable. Looks like I must have damaged it by closing the glovebox on it. Just the USB/Micro USB cable so a cheap fix. :biggthump

theskyfox
26-03-2013, 03:13 PM
lol..glad you got the phone charger sorted. Unfortunately the biggest problem I find is down here (South East/M25/A127 sort of area) people seem to have a culture of camping in the right hand lane, usually 10mph or so below the speed limit. When you do then come up behind them they seem to move back over to the left hand lane reluctantly or worst case..just sit there. The DRLs certainly do look aggressive..and I've seen people rush to get out of the way when they see them. I'd like to point out also that I'm not driving aggressively when these sorts of scenarios are happening!

-Andrew

eob
26-03-2013, 03:30 PM
lol..glad you got the phone charger sorted. Unfortunately the biggest problem I find is down here (South East/M25/A127 sort of area) people seem to have a culture of camping in the right hand lane, usually 10mph or so below the speed limit. When you do then come up behind them they seem to move back over to the left hand lane reluctantly or worst case..just sit there. The DRLs certainly do look aggressive..and I've seen people rush to get out of the way when they see them. I'd like to point out also that I'm not driving aggressively when these sorts of scenarios are happening!

-Andrew

I got flashed again this morning on a deserted dual carriage way at 6.30 in the AM. The xenons were off. :sigh: