PDA

View Full Version : VW GOLF MK7 GTD NOW LIVE TO ORDER IN GERMANY Disppointed on equipment level

pauls.hot5
08-03-2013, 10:08 AM
Hi everyone

VW in Germany has now gone live with the GTD and GTI models to order. I have look at equipment levels and I am slightly disappointed about what equipment you get as standard? Yes you get xenon headlights as standard radar cruise control, and all the sporty bits you got on the MK6 but to my amazement you don't get the black sliver alloys as pictured on all the official pictures released, you get some boring plain sliver alloys on both models. The 18” pictured in all the photos are optional extras, and also what I can read through the German equipment levels, you don’t even get as standard the 2d sat nav that you get in the mk7 GT models, this is also optional extra!!!! Aren’t these models supposed to have better equipment than models below? Or are VW trying to squeeze more money out of us ?????? I cannot see the UK cars being a different spec !!!

Anyone knows are more information on this please feel free to reply

Regards
Paul

westie383
08-03-2013, 12:16 PM
Hi Paul,
I was also looking at the GTD with a view to changing from my Passat later this year. I was initially looking at the GT diesel, but after (on paper) specing it up with various extras, the total price was around the same ballpark figure as the recently announced GTD. The avertising drivel made out it came with a whole host of standard features, but as is becoming apparent, the UK version at least is falling far short of what is listed i.e. Xenons with LED dlr's, traffic sign recognition. It's about time VW UK got their act together, as I for one would be more than <removed> off if, when I went to collect a brand new car, it wasn't exactly what I'd ordered, or was lead to belive what I'd ordered.
I was considering a Sportage or MK2 Kuga (different type of vehicle I know), but when I saw the MK7 Golf I thought it was stunning, bristling with new technology, but it seems it's not all for us...:confused: Incidently, there is a good 20 minute, close-up walk round of the GTD & GTI here Golf 7 First Impressions from Paris 2012 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt4pPJ8wDlQ)
As Jim Bowen used to say "Look at what you could have won"

Cheers,
Trev.

Neil Ramsay
09-03-2013, 05:29 PM
Given the well documented problems with specifications of UK cars especially options; I would suggest either waiting till other people have their cars or getting your dealer to agree in writing on any important items you believe are included before ordering a GTD.

andyk11
09-03-2013, 07:06 PM
I agree, it's disappointing that all the press shots appear to show optioned-up cars. Although, I may be in a minority but I'm quite glad it comes with 17" wheels given our UK roads. That's partly why I'm erring towards this rather than an A3 Sportback s-line.

I wouldn't worry too much about the German spec, in the UK we often get a different spec to the rest of Europe. Interestingly, AutoTrader (http://www.autotrader.co.uk/articles/2013/02/cars/volkswagen/golf/vw-golf-gtd-first-details)reckon that the winter pack comes with it as well.

I remember reading elsewhere on here that an updated brochure should be available later this month / early next. Hopefully that will include the full spec and prices. A 5 door GTD in Tornado Red, with DSG for me please :D

J400uk
10-03-2013, 01:19 PM
UK equipment levels should at a minimum mirror the GT, probably with dual zone climate included also.

Evil Dan
10-03-2013, 02:44 PM
If you compare the UK GT and the German Highline you'll see some quite big differences in spec. Comparing the German Highline to the GTD it is clearly better specced.

andyk11
10-03-2013, 11:39 PM
I've done a little more digging... the UK press releases for both the GTI and GTD are on the VW UK website here (http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/about-us/news/golf_gti). For the GTI they mention that although the UK spec still needs to be confirmed it will include 18" alloys and Xenons with LED DRL's (these are cost options for Germany).

Fingers crossed it'll be a similar story for the GTD, especially if it includes the infamous LED DRL's :D

maisbitt
21-03-2013, 09:28 AM
I will be impressed if the GTD comes with Xenons and 18" alloys, but if the GTI has them then I think the GTD will too. Those are usually considered extras on UK spec, it's about time Xenons came as standard or were a reasonably priced option considering VAG halogen headlights are like a pair of candles at the front of your car. UK to Germany pricing and spec is all over the place. In Germany the GTD costs 1000 Euros more than a GTI, but here in the UK it's likely to be a few hundred quid cheaper. I currently have a Scirocco 170TDI, but it's a bit old tech and everyone seems to be cloning it (Astra GTC, Merc A-class, Megane Coupe and most recently the new Renault Clio), so it no longer has it's head turning image. Besides that I could do with something that has a bit more practicality. I'm hoping the GTD is as well equipped as we're led to believe it will be without a huge price hike over the MK6. VWs are already way overpriced, the gap between VW and Audi has shrunk to almost nothing over the past 5 years, it's a pity the A3 is just so bland. I was also considering the Q3.

h5djr
21-03-2013, 10:33 AM
German specs tend to be a lot less equipement as standard than UK specs, but their prices are lower. VW (UK) generally opt for a much higher standard spec and price the car accordingly which is OK if you want the options, but means you are paying more if you don't want a particular item. A lot of this is down to the UK having a much larger company car market where they like all the options to be included in the base price because a lot of companies will not allow or pay for options.

Norbreck21a
28-03-2013, 09:12 AM
Well the details for the GTD and GTI have been announced (both able to be configured on the VW website), and impressively, Full Xenon's with LED DRL's, 18" Alloys and huge 16" brakes are all standard as are 2 Zone Climate control, LED Technology front fog lights, LED Tail lights, Stainless steel pedals and illuminated sill protectors on both models !

The only downsides seem to be that a) The standard Nav package that the GT has has been dropped for the basic Media system (with both Nav and Nav Pro now available as cost options), and the GTI seems to be missing the adaptive cruise control - it says under Driver assistance - "Cruise control (in lieu of ADC – Automatic Distance Control)", but no wording on the GTD, as presume that still comes with ADC ?

Prices -

GTI - 3 Door Manual - £25,845.00
GTI 3 Door DSG - £27,260.00
GTI - 5 door Manual - £26,500.00
GTI - 5 Door DSG - £27,915.00

GTD = 3 door manual - £25,285.00
GTD - 3 Door DSG - £26,700.00
GTD - 5 Door manual - £25,940.00
GTD - 5 Door DSG - £27,355.00

maisbitt
28-03-2013, 09:33 AM
Pleasantly surprised by the equipment and pricing on the GTD, not much different to the MK6 pricewise, for a better car (better equipment, far better economy). Jump from MK5 GT Sport 170TDI to MK 6 GTD was ridiculous - 25% hike (£20k to £25k). When will I be getting mine though? Sept or Mar 14 plate - can't decide. My Roc will be 2 years old in June. I'm not too bothered about the lack of Nav or ADC (if the GTD has lost it) - nothing I would spec up and pay for as an option.

Plenty of non-metallic choice for paints - quite generous of VW to allow us the option of not stumping up £500 for anything other than white. I'm pretty sure i'll be getting black, but to get pearl or gloss?

Huftons
28-03-2013, 11:05 PM
Also suprised by the generous spec of the GTD (at least compared to the GT). A quick look at the finance calculator and looks like it will cost about the same as a GT 150 on a PCP on account of the better GMFV. Sort of wish I'd waited now, my GT 150 is due anytime soon. Maybe next time..

maisbitt
29-03-2013, 09:41 AM
I would encourage anyone buying on VW finance to get a GTD over a GT/150TDI - the final purchase price (the most concrete indicator of retained value - a commitment from VW) puts a GTD retaining 55.6% of it's retail price after 3 years vs the GT TDI with 47.3% retained. Going purely via the solutions route, you are paying £5 a month less overall for a GTD over 36 months than a GT, taking into account the slightly higher deposit (spread that over 36 months) and it being £12 a month less. Unless you have big insurance implications by upgrading, buying a GTD makes more sense.

HHGTTG
29-03-2013, 10:43 AM
Do you know, that I am not sure I like the new Golf's shape? Went looking at the dealers yesterday and kept on mistaking Polos for the new Golf. The latter looks a bit too much like the Polo's worst features, bodywise and not as svelte as the MK6. Still I haven't seen one in a nice light Reflex Silver yet and so may think differently when I do.

maisbitt
29-03-2013, 07:03 PM
Well the details for the GTD and GTI have been announced (both able to be configured on the VW website), and impressively, Full Xenon's with LED DRL's, 18" Alloys and huge 16" brakes are all standard as are 2 Zone Climate control, LED Technology front fog lights, LED Tail lights, Stainless steel pedals and illuminated sill protectors on both models !

The only downsides seem to be that a) The standard Nav package that the GT has has been dropped for the basic Media system (with both Nav and Nav Pro now available as cost options), and the GTI seems to be missing the adaptive cruise control - it says under Driver assistance - "Cruise control (in lieu of ADC – Automatic Distance Control)", but no wording on the GTD, as presume that still comes with ADC ?

Prices -

The GTD has the adaptive cruise control - it is listed in VW UK website http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/golf-gti-vii/which-model/compare/safety-and-security?p=2, the safety and securty tab lists ADC as standard for both the GTD and GTI. It seems that all we're really missing from GT is the satnav.

maisbitt
29-03-2013, 07:21 PM
What an expensive day I had, I ordered a GTD! Out of interest I went to the local VW dealership to see how much my 11-reg 170TDI Scirocco is worth and see if they were open to discounts seeing as discounts on the Golf GT TDI have opened up to £2600ish on the broker sites like "UKNEWCARS". So I was there in Benfield Silverlink (Wallsend, Newcastle upon Tyne) testing the water. The gave me an expected part ex value - £15k, but were adamant that no discount would be given - not in a "we can't, sorry" kind of way, more in a smug "we won't, and you'll be back and begging us for one". I don't really care for their attitude there generally - they generally low-ball on the part-ex price (this time they didn't), I just get my services there as they're convenient. I had a try at Scotswood road branch, also Benfield as an old mate from uni now works there as a sales manager(funny career choice seeing as he has a chem eng degree!). He told me straight that Benfield won't entertain any discounts on a GTD or GTI at this time, and he couldn't do anything for me except maybe ensure I got a full tank of fuel.

I went down to Sunderland Pulman next, hoping that Mick Stones was in. He sold me my last Roc and gave a cracking part ex as well as a big discount last time. I got talking to another salesman and after a while Mick swoops in and we started looking into a deal. He offered me £500 more than Benfield for my Scirocco and the service pack worth £329. I was quite pleased by that. I thought it was pie in the sky to get more than a grand off a car that is so new they haven't even made any yet and is subject to a strict quota. So based on a parkers valuation of £14685 for part ex, I have got my grand- very pleased.

If anyone reading is based in the North East I would highly recommend Mick Stones at Pulman in Sunderland. You get straight talking and no fluff. He'll do his best to get you a sale - trying a lot harder than Benfield in my experience.

And the car? 5-door Pearlescent black with standard GTD spec - it is so well equipped there was noting that I wanted to add on as an extra (I did consider the park assist purely as a novelty, but I am wondering whether the £145 cost was just an activation - I managed to get XDS for nowt via VAGCOM on my Scirocco, all the hardware was there, VW charged you £280 just for activation. I suspect the park assist may be the same seeing as all the sensory hardware is already in place). Expecting the car in June - one of the first GTDs in the UK.

My GTD will actually cost £50 a month less than my Scirocco due to the superior final purchase price.

mactrack
29-03-2013, 07:55 PM
I did consider the park assist purely as a novelty, but I am wondering whether the £145 cost was just an activation - I managed to get XDS for nowt via VAGCOM on my Scirocco, all the hardware was there, VW charged you £280 just for activation. I suspect the park assist may be the same seeing as all the sensory hardware is already in place
We ordered Park Assist on our GT, along with the rear view camera and colour MFD, as they were relatively good value at approx. £150 each. I've just read the section in the manual to see how it works and there is a button around the gear lever that has to be pressed in order to activate it so retrofitting this will also be required. It might not turn out to be a big job, if you know how, but for the sake of a few quid I'm glad we ordered it from the factory even though I've not actually used it yet!

Neil Ramsay
30-03-2013, 02:53 PM
Also suprised by the generous spec of the GTD (at least compared to the GT). A quick look at the finance calculator and looks like it will cost about the same as a GT 150 on a PCP on account of the better GMFV. Sort of wish I'd waited now, my GT 150 is due anytime soon. Maybe next time..

Completely agree, GTD for cheaper per month than an optioned up GT. As you say, next time

maisbitt
01-04-2013, 02:39 PM
Just been checking out insurance implications for the new GTD. I currently pay about £360 a year for my 170TDI Roc (down from almost £500 the year before - and no insurance milestones hit for age or NCD). The new GTD can't be specced onan insurance page right now, but based on it being treaded teh same way as the MK6 GTD, my insurance would drop to £262 - a 27% drop, very pleased with that. My Roc is same insurance group as the new GTD - 26E.

vc-10
01-04-2013, 11:27 PM
I know that on the Golf 6 the cars with Park Assist have extra sideways pointing sensors mounted in front of the front wheels, and these aren't fitted to cars without Park Assist. As such I think it would be tricky to retro-fit it.

Congrats on the GTD, I'm very jealous. Hell, I'd be pretty damn happy with a base 85PS 1.2 Golf!

mike77t5
03-04-2013, 02:15 AM
I love the new GTD. Im happy with the spec apart from the satnav missing but I don't mind speccing that for £700. Anyone have any idea when its available to order?

maisbitt
03-04-2013, 08:21 AM
I love the new GTD. Im happy with the spec apart from the satnav missing but I don't mind speccing that for £700. Anyone have any idea when its available to order?

Mike,

It is available to order now - I ordered mine on Good Friday.

maisbitt
03-04-2013, 12:32 PM
I have just had to order one for my Dad, he's been suffering a bit of new car envy since I told him about mine on order. He's getting a GTD 5DR DSG in Tornado Red.

mike77t5
03-04-2013, 11:01 PM
I have just had to order one for my Dad, he's been suffering a bit of new car envy since I told him about mine on order. He's getting a GTD 5DR DSG in Tornado Red.

Yep I will be ordering one tomorrow in black to replace my current golf. Have just been waiting for the order books to open, made my mind up a while ago. Did they say anything about delivery?

maisbitt
04-04-2013, 07:48 AM
Mike: I'm expecting mine late May/Early June, which is earlier than previous VW release statements implied that it would be available. I do hope it is available late May - I would hate to have to buy a new £135 tax disc for my Scirocco for the sake of a few days.

mcmaddy
05-04-2013, 09:59 PM
maisbitt I've just ordered a gtd from Mick stones at Pulman on bank holiday Monday. he mentioned you and your dad getting gtd's. unfortunately if you haven't specced park assist you won't be able to activate it via vagcom. VW have also said that gtd's won't be delivered before June but like you I hope they come before that. interesting you got the service pack from Mick did you also get gap insurance free?

maisbitt
06-04-2013, 08:49 AM
maisbitt I've just ordered a gtd from Mick stones at Pulman on bank holiday Monday. he mentioned you and your dad getting gtd's. unfortunately if you haven't specced park assist you won't be able to activate it via vagcom. VW have also said that gtd's won't be delivered before June but like you I hope they come before that. interesting you got the service pack from Mick did you also get gap insurance free?

McMaddy: Yep, he chucked in the "back to invoice" GAP insurance for nowt. He only mentioned it when I was placing my Dad's order too and said he'd chuck it in for my Dad then said I would be getting it too. He gave it to me free on my current car too 170TDI Scirocco). Are you the one chopping in a high end Tiguan? If not he's sold 4 GTDs in as many days.

mcmaddy
06-04-2013, 09:09 AM
yes that's me with the tiguan. Mick seems to be the expert in selling gtd's down at pulman. I'm hoping they get a demonstrator soon so I can drive the mk7. are you going to add park assist onto yours? VW use a different control unit for ones with park assist and ones without.

maisbitt
06-04-2013, 03:15 PM
yes that's me with the tiguan. Mick seems to be the expert in selling gtd's down at pulman. I'm hoping they get a demonstrator soon so I can drive the mk7. are you going to add park assist onto yours? VW use a different control unit for ones with park assist and ones without.

I don't know about "expert" - he certainly didn't need to do any selling, I already knew what I was after and what Benfield would do for me (not a lot!), he just had to beat Benfield's terms to get the sale (which he did easily, as always!). Part of me wants park assist just for the novelty of it, but it would be just a novelty, I can parallel park just fine, even without parking sensors front and back. Silverlink Benfield have a MK7 demonstrator and a display GT, so I used that as my yardstick knowing what extra equipment the GTD has over the GT. I think Mick is going to be in for a canny wedge of commission this month. Just goes to show, I think these "allocations" ar complete fantasy. If Mick can get hold of 3 GTDs for 1 month (possibly strictly 2 months seeing as the 3 sales were spread between the last day of March and the first few days of April), then I think most dealers are just using the "allocation" excuse to try to force you into paying list price or very close to it. Benfield played the "allocation" card to refse me any kind of a deal on the assumption i'd be back. Actually I was back on Weds, to arrange my 2nd year service on my Scirocco (Silverlink is only a few miles from me so I still use them for servicing and warranty work). The sales manager saw me come in and made a beeline for me, assuming I was back to accept their preiously discussed terms. He looked pretty sick when I explained I was in to book my service, but I had placed an order for 2 GTDs with Pulman in the meantime. He asked what deal I had arranged and would I be able to pull out of it. I said "not a chance, I asked you for your best terms and they weren't good enough, so I went to Pulman". I guess I looked pretty smug at that point.

So what spec/colour did you order in the end? The GTD is so well stocked that I didn't feel there were any "necessary" extras to pay out for, maybe VW have shot themselves in the foot a bit with standard spec, there seems plenty here (and other forums) ordering GTDs with very few extras.

mcmaddy
06-04-2013, 09:38 PM
I found benfield at silverlink very poor when I was looking for my tiguan. gave me very positive indications that my trade in was worth a bit more etc etc when it came to the figures they offered way less than bottom book price and seemed surprised when I got up to walk out. arrogant attitude to customers doesn't do them any good as they have found out again with yourself. mines pure white with pro navigation, park assist, rear camera and winter pack. I originally wanted the adaptive chassis control but the monthly figures were just going up and up and I ordered the colour multifunction display which is now standard so that saved £135. as for the park assist I've got it on the tiguan and its far from gimmicky. I can park my car no problems but its nice having it just in case and to be honest the up front cost over three years is nothing and its a very expensive and complicated retro fit job. that's one of the reasons I went for the rear camera. I'm hopeless at waiting for things and can't wait for it to be delivered now!

maisbitt
07-04-2013, 08:12 AM
mcmaddy: Over a 36 month term the park assist would only add £4 a month on to repayments if it held absolutely no value at all, but I do worry it might slow my build down if VW are low on stock for the parts etc. Mick was quite confident that colour MFD might be standard by the time mine would be getting built but wouldn't guarantee it (it is coming in, but for what build week?). He's had notification it is about to be made standard on at least the GTD/GTI. ACC is great on my Scirocco but I have had 2 warranty claims on it - the system doesn't seem to like the cold (both warranty claims in consecutive Januarys). It will be a long April/May!

mcmaddy
07-04-2013, 09:18 AM
I think I made the right choice not going for ACC. If it was standard then fine but your not the first person I've read who has had issues with it. I hope the options I've picked don't delay my gtd delivery date! It shouldn't really as what I've picked isn't that bad. Colour MFD will be nice, it is on my tiguan.

maisbitt
09-04-2013, 12:34 PM
I have just received confirmation from my local dealer that the orders for mine and my dad's GTDs have moved from "order placed" to "assigned" - meaning they are now in the build queue but have not yet been given a build date.

maisbitt
09-04-2013, 07:34 PM
Had a phonecall from my dealer this evening to ask me if I want the park assist after enquiring earlier - I have declined to add it seeing as I get by just fine without it. There were some other useful few bits of info though. I asked about the colour MFD and he has confirmed that it is standard on the GTD/GTI and was always intended to be, but there is a typo in the pricelist/brochure. He is sure that all GTI/GTDs will have it but it will still be a cost option for all other Golf model variants. There is supposed to be a new GTI/GTD brochure out this week on VW UK's website - hopefully that will be corrected to confirm colour MFD as standard GTI/GTD equipment. I also asked if my dad's GTD will be delayed as he ordered DSG and he confirmed that as of now there are no delays associated with supply of DSG gearboxes.

xixi
17-04-2013, 12:22 AM
The range-topping Golf GTD five-door model starts at £27k as editors at ultimatecarblog said here: Volkswagen prices the Golf GTD in the UK | Ultimate Car Blog (http://www.ultimatecarblog.com/volkswagen-prices-the-golf-gtd-in-the-uk/)

hmm.. do you know guys, will it have lemans blue color?

DaveB666
17-04-2013, 10:33 AM
Anyone know if the GTD engine is different mechanically, or whether the uplift in power and torque is simply down to mapping?

maisbitt
18-04-2013, 04:30 AM
Anyone know if the GTD engine is different mechanically, or whether the uplift in power and torque is simply down to mapping?

I don't know for sure but based on the 170TDI CR having different cams, injectors and a bigger turbo than the 140 version, i'd say it is likely that the 185 is similarly different than the 150. (sent using free wifi whilst on my hols in Mexico!).

oscar.neill
30-04-2013, 10:28 AM

Prices -

Yes UK Spec for the GTI and GTD reflect what you have said there and does include Cruise control on the GTD but not adaptive.
I have ordered my GTD 5 door Manual in Tornado Red.
Delivery in September :)

Anyone else ordered one?

andyk11
30-04-2013, 10:58 AM
Yep :Blush: Ordered mine last week. Currently estimating a 16 week lead time so late August / early Sept.

5dr manual in Tornado Red as well! I wasn’t initially sure on the colour but having seen the new reviews of the GTI I think it’ll look pretty good.

I also agonized over whether to go for DSG. I had a test drive in a 150 GT DSG and was impressed with its smoothness.. most of the time you’re not even aware it’s swapping cogs in the background. However, I couldn’t really justify the extra cost this time round. Just got the wait now!

oscar.neill
30-04-2013, 11:10 AM
Yep :Blush: Ordered mine last week. Currently estimating a 16 week lead time so late August / early Sept.

5dr manual in Tornado Red as well! I wasn’t initially sure on the colour but having seen the new reviews of the GTI I think it’ll look pretty good.

I also agonized over whether to go for DSG. I had a test drive in a 150 GT DSG and was impressed with its smoothness.. most of the time you’re not even aware it’s swapping cogs in the background. However, I couldn’t really justify the extra cost this time round. Just got the wait now!

When do you think the New GTD will be available to test drive?
So GTD comes with full Xenon Headlights with LED daytime running lights and 18" Alloys?

andyk11
30-04-2013, 12:56 PM
My local dealer reckoned they might get a demo sometime in July, others may be different of course.

Yes, the spec is as you describe. The full spec and configurator is now available on the VW website. I believe the only thing that isn't accurate is that GTD's are expected to come with the colour MFD as standard.

maisbitt
30-04-2013, 01:39 PM
So GTD comes with full Xenon Headlights with LED daytime running lights and 18" Alloys? Yes it does and fully functional ADC as well as colour MFD (oversight of these points was an early brochure mistake). Don't think the demos are coming any earlier than the first wave of cars sold on order as "unseen". My order was electronically accepted by VW on March 30th and I have been told that mine will be arriving late June or early July.

andyk11
08-05-2013, 04:45 PM
I've just been informed that my GTD order has an unconfirmed build date of week 32... so if my maths is correct it'll be built w/c 5th August? A few weeks to get to the UK means I should get it beginning of Sept :D

Norbreck21a
08-05-2013, 05:04 PM
Build can take up to 2 weeks (depending on spec and parts) and allow up to 4 weeks for Shipping and dealer delivery (worst case). Some people have had cars ship and arrive at dealers in less than 2 weeks though, so if not the start of September, should certainly be sometime in that month.

Good luck. I'm not expecting my GTD to arrive much before the middle to end of September, according to VW customer services told me today.

mcmaddy
08-05-2013, 08:44 PM
Yes it does and fully functional ADC as well as colour MFD (oversight of these points was an early brochure mistake). Don't think the demos are coming any earlier than the first wave of cars sold on order as "unseen". My order was electronically accepted by VW on March 30th and I have been told that mine will be arriving late June or early July.

We'll be lucky! Our three gtd's are sitting with week 35 build at the minute which by my calendar is never!!! Ok late august and I'm hoping this date is total rubbish.

maisbitt
09-05-2013, 07:42 AM
mcmaddy: Week 35? Did VW customer services tell you that? I went on the tracker last night and my colour change isn't showing up - still Deep black Pearl and not Tornado Red. Only good thing about week 35 is that you'd wait until at least the second week in September to pick it up (and i'll have about £800-£900 more collateral as i'l have made 3 more payments off my Scirocco).

Certainly looks like they're prioritising the building of Demos over paying customers orders who've taken a bit of a leap of faith by ordering without a test drive - not good customer relations.

mcmaddy
09-05-2013, 07:50 AM
I think it's a total disgrace. I questioned VW customer services about why I'd been told wk22 originally and now its three months after just for a build week. She couldn't give me an answer. All she said was if you ordered when the books opened you would get delivery in June as cars were being made now. When I said they weren't even being put onto the build line until the my14 changes she said some were. I hope they don't send some new ones without the new my14 changes! VW website still says June delivery and Mick thinks customer services have got the build weeks wrong.

maisbitt
09-05-2013, 08:15 AM
mcmaddy: I don't believe that VW UK know what VW Germany are intending to do with our orders until we get our tracker update, which wont happen before BW22. I can't believe they won't even plan ours in until we're in MY14, do they not plan towards the end of MY13 what's going to be made at the start of MY14? :confused: I think they know exactly when ours are to be built, they will be in a schedule right now, prioritised by date ordered (subject to dealership allocations e.g. A dealer has ordered 8 and he only gets 1 spot a month, 7 of them will be waiting in the queue), colour (depending upon capacity of the paintshops dedicated for each colour e.g. i'd expect Oryx white to be waiting a lot longer than pure white, I doubt they have a dedicated paint shop for Oryx white and so it'll be subject to batch campaign rotations) and spec (loaded up cars and cars with sunroofs will probably wait longest, VW always seem to have supply issues with sunroof components and these will most likely be made in a campaign too)

Mick is just stuck in the middle of it all. He's obviously hoping to get it sorted sooner rather than later so he can get our money/his commission and get our p/x's sold which are probably depreciating at the rate of £250 a month or thereabouts whilst VW keep us all hanging.

I doubt the VW UK spokesperson is correct when saying that some UK drivers will get MY13 cars that are being built right now, Irish cars are probably the only RHD GTI/GTDs being built right now. I'm pretty sure i'm the first order on the books for a Pulman GTD (and no GTIs ordered before that) and mine is standard spec with no extras to potentially delay it. Mick has always given the impression that my dad's order placed same day as yours would be here at the same time as mine.

VW should forget the demos right now and concentrate on building cars for customers - those cars are selling themselves, why put demos out to entice new clients when you've already got your production allocation on GTI/GTD sorted for this year (by now they probably have). Cars on the road are as good an advert as VW can get, putting demos acrs out to entice customers to place an order for a car they won't be able to get hold of until next year is just going to frustrate those would-be customers.

mcmaddy
09-05-2013, 11:39 AM
I totally agree Matthew. Im still hoping ours will be here June/July and i think every order up until now has been given a provisional build week of 32-36 by VW uk. When wk 22 clicks over then we'll find out for definite our proper build dates. Between you, me and your dad we must have the months allocation of gtd's for pulman sunderland :)
Chris