PDA

View Full Version : VW Bora 1.9 tdi - would like advise on engine mods

metal nut
06-03-2013, 08:58 PM
Hi i have a 53 plate Bora with the 1.9 tdi 150 bhp engine, which has had the EGR valve removed, but as im new to the vw seen and especial diesels can any help on the following.

What are the best engine mods to start with on the 1.9 tdi as the engine has already had the EGR valve removed, i was looking at a a remap to start but there are so many companies out there and the gain seem to differ a lot....

any help would be fantastic

techfreak
06-04-2013, 07:01 PM
Try ukmkivs forum there's a lot of tuning on there for this car

Doctle Odd
06-04-2013, 07:19 PM
A couple of tuning companies are site sponsors here and they can do you a good deal. You'd need to heavily modify it to get a lot more power out of, injectors, pistons, camshaft, turbo etc. This will mean a new performance clutch kit and if you haven't got poly bushes get them as well. Any photographs?

adamss24
06-04-2013, 09:33 PM
A bigger turbocharger, custom mapping, EGR delete and a de-cat will unleash up to 80Bhp, any more and you will need to open the engine and replace the rods, decrease piston's CR and machine piston bowls, replace the clutch and fit a LSD ! Darkside Developments sells the most comprehensive kit out there: tubular manifold, GTB1756vk/2056vk or 2260vk, custom downpipe, braided oil/drain pipes and larger nozzles. Add a set of Rosten forged rods and PD 2.0 Tdi oversize pistons and you will see 300 Bhp easily ! Only downside is they don't make it quattro, i would rather start with a 1.9 tdi quattro so you can put all that power on the road...