PDA

View Full Version : Skoda Octavia 1.9tdi engine wont start

m-v-t2009
04-03-2013, 10:53 PM
Hey guys, Got a skoda octavia that I have replaced the engine in and now it wont start, It did initially fire up but cut out, Sounded good when I first fired it up but cannot get it to start now, It comes up with all 4 glow plugs having an issue and a camshaft sensor error as well, replaced the cam sensor, tried fiddling about with the timing using the tools, turns over no problem but wont fire, Fuel appears to be coming up to the filter and it runs on easy start, I used autodata for the timing marks/pins and also the timing tools, I have also tried to advance/retard the timing but still no joy....At the end of my teather with it now, and also the cam sensor fault still appearing.

Cheers

Iain

Doctle Odd
04-03-2013, 10:59 PM
Hi Iain, whats the engine code?

m-v-t2009
17-03-2013, 10:14 AM
Hi Iain, whats the engine code?

Hi there its the BXE engine code

Doctle Odd
17-03-2013, 10:26 AM
Did you check the injector loom, is there fuel coming to the injectors? What are you scanning it with, can you post the codes?

m-v-t2009
10-04-2013, 02:00 PM
Did you check the injector loom, is there fuel coming to the injectors? What are you scanning it with, can you post the codes?

Its being scanned with a Snap on solus machine, have now changed the injectors, checked the timing again and its still the same, someone has advised me to change the cam pulley over as it may be faulty throwing the cam sensor out of line. This is the code that is coming up: - P0341 - Camshaft position sensor A, Bank 1 - Range/performance problem, Autodata suggests to check insecure sensor / rotar, air gap, wiring or the sensor itself, Its now had 3 sensors, the one from the original engine, the one from this engine and a new one as well. HELP!!!!

bsg1
09-07-2016, 09:46 AM
did you ever get this problem sorted?
as i have the exact same fault

vag_tech
20-07-2016, 09:52 PM
If you're getting cam error it's likely a timing issue. Have you 100% confirmed this is bang on?

wasyl6
18-01-2017, 08:55 PM
hi ian im new to this just read your problem with your octavia omg ive got exactly the same problem!!how did you fix it??im tempted to set fire to the thing lol any pointers in the right direction would be brill thanks george

wasyl6
19-01-2017, 11:29 PM
hi ive got the exact same problem with my octavia bxe engine its driving me mad ?did you fix yours ?what was the fix any info would be great many thanks george