PDA

View Full Version : Question Recall for door seals

Ian1963
28-02-2013, 10:15 PM
Hi there, I'm new to this forum. Just been told I won't get my new A4 sline tomorrow due to an Audi recall due to door seals. Has anyone heard anything about this?

mr mugello
28-02-2013, 10:43 PM
I was in the main dealers today. Showroom was bumper to bumper with new cars ready for customers to collect. I'm sure there must have been an A4 S line amongst them somewhere. I never believe what they say is gospel. Bought a new A4 Black Edition early February. Told it was from UK stock. They arrive in the port of Hull and are in storage for no longer than two weeks I was told by sales. Build date on my logbook states November 2012 ! I had a problem with mine with regards to door seals looked at last week. Cured it myself with a careful spray/rub of silicon spray on door seal, due to a scuffing noise that could be heard when going over a large bump. Talked to a technician at dealers and asked if there was a more permanent solution as it is a pretty common fault apparently. He just mentioned that there was a design change to door seals a few years ago and all they do is spray them with silicon on latest model, no replacement seals.

Ian1963
01-03-2013, 12:35 AM
Thanks for the reply, I'll take a trip to the dealer tomorrow.

iamdarren
03-03-2013, 02:23 PM
Is there a place in the audi site we can put I a vin no or reg to check for work needed or carried out?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

iamdarren
03-03-2013, 06:22 PM
So after reading this I turned the stereo off and drove the car. That knock was suddenly happening over and over. I can't believe I never noticed it. Argh! I will be calling them this week.

eob
05-03-2013, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the heads up.
I have bangs and creaks coming from my doors like crazy.
I had a really bad one on the rear n/s which rattled my teeth when going over pot holes.
It disappeared when I cleaned the car, I then realised it had been over two months since it last got washed. :Blush2:
Going to phone dealers and enquire.
Cheers.

iamdarren
05-03-2013, 11:09 AM
I called up yesterday and have mine booked in at rayleigh Essex audi. He had never heard of it and wants to put the car up in the air in order to test for it. (sounds expensive lol). I need the key coded so gonna leave it with them. I will be interested to see if they acknowledge it as a recall. Do we have a recall issue number which we can quote? When I asked about the car he told me there was 1 recall which had been carried out on my car for a cam shaft adjustment? I had no idea as I only got my 2008 b8 in December.

Scott K
05-03-2013, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the heads up.
I have bangs and creaks coming from my doors like crazy.
I had a really bad one on the rear n/s which rattled my teeth when going over pot holes.
It disappeared when I cleaned the car, I then realised it had been over two months since it last got washed. :Blush2:
Going to phone dealers and enquire.
Cheers.

Is this something which effects all new A4s. My wifes one will be arriving soon and would hope they have this sorted.
Cheers, Scott.

iamdarren
05-03-2013, 11:15 AM
All new including the 2008 b8? I notice the noises too

Ian1963
14-03-2013, 11:28 PM
Got my new car on Wednesday, no more info on the door seals I'm afraid. I absolutely love the car, so all is forgiven Mr Audi

It feels and looks so modern compared to the 08 plate 3 ser beemer, which looked dated.