PDA

View Full Version : OSRAM Nightbreakers

james_gray
28-02-2013, 08:53 PM
Im thinking of upgrading my original headlights to OSRAM Nightbreakers, has anyone done this? I've had HIDs previously on my older car and they were great, dont want to mess around with the electrics though myself on the Audi plus I know you legally need automatic levellers, washers and whatever else!

Y90USF
28-02-2013, 09:18 PM
They are good also look at Philips extreme vision

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Jason Carson
01-03-2013, 11:19 PM
My brother uses those on his civic, he says they're really good in the rain. Also while your at it loon at doin your sidelights for that "whiter" look. They don't cost much and finishes them off be careful those cus LEDs may throw up warning lights unless you use resistors.

markp306
02-03-2013, 01:31 PM
They are good also look at Philips extreme vision

I changed to extreme vision on mine, but was hard pressed to tell the difference.
Anyone got any better ideas? I've seen a number of cars with very white non-xenon headlights and wondered what they were; Halfords brilliance range perhaps?

Doctle Odd
02-03-2013, 01:34 PM
Nightbreakers are the Gillette razors of the bulb world

james_gray
02-03-2013, 04:57 PM
My brother uses those on his civic, he says they're really good in the rain. Also while your at it loon at doin your sidelights for that "whiter" look. They don't cost much and finishes them off be careful those cus LEDs may throw up warning lights unless you use resistors.

Do you mean the DRLs? mine are currently the very yellow looking ones, is it just a case of changing each individual bulb? id look into doing this too. I took out the headlight unit yesterday but didnt look like you could get into the unit itself very easily to get access to the DRLs....

fat controller
03-03-2013, 12:27 AM
I put Nightbreakers in my Passat, simply because the projector lamps on the Passat were terrible with standard bulbs. The Nightbreakers were a whole load better, and gave a better spread of light with less dark patches. Probably not up to HID standards, but pretty good for standard bulbs. I am finding the basic headlights on the A4 a vast improvement on the Passat, so I am hoping that the difference will be even more noticeable when I switch to the Nightbreakers on the A4.

The only bummer is the rigmarole that is involved in changing the DRL's for a whiter light.

Pauls898
03-03-2013, 01:02 AM
I've put in the Halfords bulbs as they were BOGOF and there are a lot better than the standard ones which looked yellow and very poor in the rain. The Halfords ones are much whiter and seem brighter for the same wattage? They were The Extreme Brilliance 477EB 12V 55W H7 for anyone who wants to rush out and buy them :-) I changed all four of them and I found it a lot easyer to just remove the whole heatlight and change them on the kitchen table and then to put it back in again with not problems as I have big hands I couldn't reach inside while the headlamp was on the car lol.

theskyfox
03-03-2013, 06:14 PM
Yes these Nightbreakers are good bulbs. Got some for my dads Golf, you get a nice bright white light (similar to Xenons) instead of that crappy yellowish colour. Definately a worthwhile upgrade.

-Andrew

paulw123
04-03-2013, 06:31 PM
got these in mine, haven't tried the others mentioned. They are white like hids, but no much longer range than normal.

MTEC H7 55w SUPER WHITE HID XENON CLASS UPGRADE BULBS | eBay (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271133009434)