PDA

View Full Version : Discover Pro - Safety Camera Locations

steve scott
26-02-2013, 10:45 PM
Has anybody tried to update their discover pro unit with safety camera POIs that alert the driver when you're approaching them?... I thought this sort of thing was standard on modern sat nav systems?!?!

lozzer
27-02-2013, 11:52 AM
I was hoping there was a facility to add custom poi's. On the RNS 510 you created the poi's in a .db format using poi inspector ( I think) put it on a memory card and the rns recognised it as personal pi's and added it to the rest that were installed.
It was straightforward. Hope so here.

h5djr
27-02-2013, 01:05 PM
I think I'll stick to my cheap TomTom ONE and the PGPSW database. This is updated at least once a month and is download as a zip file which is extracted to the TomTom. Very simple and straight forward. The database is much better than even TomTom's own. It can also be download in various other formats to suit other types of Sat/Nav.

cdgthreesalmons
27-02-2013, 06:29 PM
I used satnavystems.com to update my RNS510 to show speed camera locations - might be worth asking their advice??

h5djr
27-02-2013, 08:27 PM
The Pocket GPS World website has their camera database available in various formats including ASC, CSV, OV2 and TXT. Most reports regard their database as the most up-to-date one available. I have been using it for many years and new camera locations are added very quickly. A camera disappeared from their database in a village near me but it was still in use because I saw the camera being changed as I passed. I emailed the location to PGPSW and it was re-instated at the next update about a week later.

steve scott
27-02-2013, 09:07 PM
You can add custom POI's to the Discover Pro but does doing this flag up that you're coming up towards a POI or does it just clutter the map with camera locations? The locations without the warning is a waste of time.

mareq
14-02-2016, 09:23 AM
Hi, if you need instruction on how to upload POI to the discover pro check this page.. its got step by step with pictures:

How to upload POI (http://en.poipoint.eu/jak-wgrac-poi)