PDA

View Full Version : Delay!

DaveB666
26-02-2013, 05:24 PM
Company I work for ordered 2 Golfs 23/11/12. Should have arrived mid-Feb for collection March 1st.

Just been told they're delayed until at least "early next week".

Anyone else had problems?!

J400uk
26-02-2013, 10:01 PM
With respect that is hardly a major delay! You can wait a few days surely :)

Its only a problem if you are talking extra weeks or months IMO

DaveB666
27-02-2013, 09:44 AM
In Nov we were told mid-february delivery. If they've still not arrived then delivery has been infact delayed by nearly 3 weeks!

Just wondered if anyone had had their order pushed back abit?

Eshrules
27-02-2013, 09:58 AM
Have the vehicles landed in the UK yet?

algarve
28-02-2013, 02:54 AM
Company I work for ordered 2 Golfs 23/11/12. Should have arrived mid-Feb for collection March 1st.

Just been told they're delayed until at least "early next week".

Anyone else had problems?!

I think whoever told your employer that they would be there on 1st March was being optimistic to be honest.
I suspect they will come within the normal 12 / 16 weeks if not earlier.

DaveB666
04-03-2013, 10:52 AM
Cars were ordered 23rd November 2012 with expected delivery mid-february which by my calculations means 13 weeks to 22nd February.

The dealer has now told us that one of the cars will be with us on March 7th, and the other "some time later" due to. Both delays are due to a, and I quote, "a 2 week manufacturing delay at VW that is affecting all UK delivery dates for Golfs".

I think that's utter ****** personally.

As compensation we've been given a free tank of fuel each. Oh, and mine is obviously the one that is delayed the longest!

J400uk
04-03-2013, 01:14 PM
I don't see what you are getting so worked up about. 22nd February is an incredibly stupid time to register a new car anyway since it wouldn't get the new registration plate.

DaveB666
04-03-2013, 01:24 PM
I don't see what you are getting so worked up about. 22nd February is an incredibly stupid time to register a new car anyway since it wouldn't get the new registration plate.

I don't appreciate you intimating that I am incredibly stupid.the car would not have been registered until march 1st. Read the detail of the post clearly next time.

Eshrules
04-03-2013, 01:29 PM
I don't appreciate you intimating that I am incredibly stupid.the car would not have been registered until march 1st. Read the detail of the post clearly next time.

Ok mr angry - let's calm down and read posts properly before we criticise others for the same fault?

J400 didn't call you or 'intimate' (?) you were stupid - He said it was a stupid time to register the car, because you miss out on a new plate by a couple of weeks.

Dealers can't do right for doing wrong sometimes.

The delays are, in the main, beyond their control - all they can do is limit the damage.

Is there any reason the delivery of the vehicle is so urgent? Is your employer able to provide a temporary car to cover until yours is delivered?