PDA

View Full Version : Audi A5 petrol - mileage question

shanitee
26-02-2013, 09:21 AM
I'm looking to buy an A5 and have come across a 2.0 TFSI S-Line model, 2010 reg, with sat nav and LED running lights (I believe it has the tech package). The price is within budget, and overall looks like a great car. My only concern is the mileage, which is 43,000.

For a petrol model, is this too high (considering it's just coming up to 3 years old)? I'll only probably only do about 5000 miles a year (at push), and hope to keep the car for about 3-4 years.

There's another vehicle (also 2.0 petrol), priced the same, but with only 30,000 miles, although this doesn't have the built-in sat nav, S-Line kit or LEDs.

Both of these are from official Audi dealers and I believe have only had 1 previous owner. I'm having trouble choosing between the two, though am leaning towards the one with the higher mileage, just because I think it looks a lot nicer and appears to be better spec'd. I'm just concerned about whether the extra mileage may prove troublesome in the near-to-long term.

Any advice greatly appreciated!!

Guest 2
26-02-2013, 09:27 AM
as both cars are from audi dealers, you will get a 1 year factory warranty with the car so should any problem arise, it will be covered.

personally i would go for the s-line (personal preference) but please drive both as you may not like the ride on the s-line.

a 13k increase isn't alot of miles in modern cars, ive just done 35k in the past year in my a3 and it didn't miss a beat.

remember you can extend the warranty too for extra peace of mind.

shanitee
26-02-2013, 10:34 AM
Hi A6_Chris,

Thanks very much for your advice. More or less confirms my own feelings... good to get validation! I didn't think the additional mileage was really an issue, especially if the offset is a vehicle that looks nicer and is better spec'd.

I had a chance to test drive an S-Line model over the weekend (though it was the newer 2012 model), and didn't really have a problem with the ride, which I know is somewhat firmer than on the standard model. I probably won't get a chance to test drive the exact models I'm looking at - I'm based in London and these are from dealers outside of London. I have agreed with my local dealer to test drive an equivalent model this weekend before going ahead with the purchase.