PDA

View Full Version : Audi A3 Sportback ordered. Sorry VW. (Well, not really)

james_tiger_woo
22-02-2013, 11:24 PM
I've done it, I've ordered my Sportback after a couple of months of deliberation and testing - Ironically it's the only car I didn't test. And I went for the 2litre diesel instead of the 1.6. Because, well, more is more. And either way it'd be more economical than my Golf.

Full spec: Dropbox - A3 - James (Red).pdf - Simplify your life (https://www.dropbox.com/s/i1x1vq22gs3e99e/A3%20-%20James%20%28Red%29.pdf)

Misano red, Kinetic 17s, Comfort package (cruise, rear sensors, auto wipers), Storage package, non smoking package, Nav, Upgrade to Audi sound system

I've not driven one but I've seen and been in a 3 door and really liked it. The other cars just didn't measure up. My first non-VW for 6 years - but I've been in VAGs now for 14 years now....

Guest 2
22-02-2013, 11:34 PM
Excellent - I would love to hear what one of these are like doing big mileage as when my 8P packs in ill be (more than likely) getting a 8V to replace it.

Doing 35k a year so need something reliable.

Also, don't be fooled into thinking you're getting headlamp washers due to the little cutouts, you're not, they are just bumper blanks on models with Halogen lamps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

james_tiger_woo
22-02-2013, 11:48 PM
We'll see but I will let you know - my 86k up Golf has been, well, ok up until recently. Apart from a clutch. And gearbox. :)

zig
24-02-2013, 10:30 PM
Was this a factory order (rather than a vehicle to a specification that a dealer has already ordered) if so what is the expected delivery?

james_tiger_woo
24-02-2013, 10:46 PM
Well, I specd it how I wanted it - unless coincidentally matches a factory order. I only submitted it on Friday so I expect revisions as the week goes on....

zig
25-02-2013, 12:27 AM
Selecting the options on an A3 Sportback without the costs creeping up is a real challenge. I see that by ordering now you have managed to take advantage of the introductory offer of ordering a Sportback by 28 February 2013 and getting the Sat Nav free (£495 on 3 door). I know it is only only cosmetic, but as you have ordered a SE you realise that you do not get the aluminium window trims (unfortunately it is a extra £150 to select them as an option). The audio and communication system seems to have a lot of functionality, it would be interesting to see a user manual for the system (but I suspect there isn't one as everything will be menu driven).

james_tiger_woo
25-02-2013, 12:49 AM
It was hard - I was tempted by the Sport and S line, but they added things that I didn't really want. The trims didn't bother me as, like you say, it's cosmetic - they did look pretty, but added the cost that I was trying to keep down. I'm not, however, concerned about resale price though as it's a lease car so getting the interior was right for me.

I was tempted by the B&O option, but that was a step too far - The nav wasn't a must, but a real nice to have :) - The other cars I tried just didn't cut it at all.

james_tiger_woo
09-05-2013, 09:11 PM
The car has been slightly delayed and will be at the dealer on the 15th - Not sure when I'll get it though...

icebun
10-05-2013, 09:05 PM
Hey James

Looking forward to your first review as and when.

Really enjoyed your golf ones.

I am dying to find out the level of road noise as a comparison to your previous VW.

james_tiger_woo
10-05-2013, 11:16 PM
Hi - When I get it, I hope to have a better ride and am glad someone enjoyed the reviews :)