PDA

View Full Version : Please Help random warning light / beep

Lou1963
19-02-2013, 10:15 PM
I want to disconnect the sensor which is causing the painfully loud beeping every five minutes, which is possibly more dengerous than whatever the cause. I believe the circular warning light with an exclamation mark in the middle is brakes. There's nothing wrong with the brakes apparently. I noticed the steering fluid was a little low though. Does anyone else receive this sort of earache from their darling middle-aged Skoda Octavia 1.9tdi with 150,000 on the clock?
Yours perplexedly :confused:

Doctle Odd
19-02-2013, 10:24 PM
Warning lights are there to tell you there's a problem. Did you get the brakes checked? That's a low fluid light and needs investigation. To stop the light and beep remove the steering wheel and using a small hatchet strike the center of the instrument cluster a minimum of 7 times as hard as you can.
:beerchug:

Lou1963
19-02-2013, 10:35 PM
Hmmm, she stops alright. But then we don't do much in a hurry. Except try to find the source of the beeeeeep. Does Halfords sell hatchets? Or earplugs....?
Cheers :beerchug:

Doctle Odd
19-02-2013, 10:46 PM
Funny I was just pointing out to another member if YOU are involved in an accident irrespective of the circumstances the car with the faulty brakes will be deemed to be at fault. Brakes are safety critical and you cannot take chances. I think you have a leak somewhere if the level light keeps flashing.

Lou1963
19-02-2013, 10:58 PM
It's off to the garage then. I'll report back :1zhelp:

Col
19-02-2013, 11:05 PM
Find someone off here who will scan it for fault codes for you.

There is a vagcom / vcds subforum on here with people who will help you for a case of beer (i.e. £16-£20 vs £80+vat Sir, plus all the hassle of booking it in).

You will identify the problem and be able to fix it yourself, once you know what it is.

Lou1963
20-02-2013, 09:31 PM
So, first I went to Halfords who stung me 18 quid for power steering fluid ... Then I swung by my favourite Mechanic, Pietro, and he said Nonsense, ave a squirt o this, and topped up the steering fluid reservoir. Went back to Hs to return their spensive fluido and 40 miles later we're cruising in blissful beepfree peace, not a glimmer from the dash and V grateful not to be even poorer! No signs of leakage but I will have a more serious grovel under the steering rack when the sun comes out. Thanks everyone!
:biglaugh: