PDA

View Full Version : Jetta juddering

Scottcon
19-02-2013, 03:14 PM
Hi all I'm new on here an looking for some advice. I have just bought a 2l diesel 57 plate jetta form a garage.

The advice I'm after is that the car had started to judder when stationary the idle is fine and stays the same. Has anyone else ha this?

Sam
19-02-2013, 04:02 PM
Welcome to VWAF

A judder is usually a sign that the dual mass flywheel is on its way out.

When (if ever) was the clutch last changed?

How many miles has it done?

Scottcon
19-02-2013, 04:13 PM
Hi thanks.

Its done nearly 78000 I don't think it has been done. I thought it maybe that would you take it back to the garage you bought it from? They gave me 30 warranty.

Eshrules
19-02-2013, 05:26 PM
Hi thanks.

Its done nearly 78000 I don't think it has been done. I thought it maybe that would you take it back to the garage you bought it from? They gave me 30 warranty.

Warranty is 3 months statutory but if you've only just bought the vehicle the garage could argue you accepted the fault as it's not considered a sudden massive failure, but fair wear and tear on a vehicle of that age/mileage.

This highlights the importance of a thorough inspection and test drive.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Sam
19-02-2013, 05:36 PM
As Eshrules says, if you bought it from a trader, it has a 3 month warranty regardless of what the seller has told you.

if you've only just bought it, take it back, explain the judder and your concerns and see what they say.

Scottcon
19-02-2013, 06:49 PM
I called the dealer I got it from and they told me to go to the garage that they take all there cars to. So I went and it book in for Saturday for them to have a look at it. He said its either the flywheel or the injectors which sometime have a fault with the solenoid.

Guest 2
19-02-2013, 06:51 PM
have you checked if the injectors need recalled?

contact vw customer service on 0800 333 666

Eshrules
19-02-2013, 06:57 PM
I called the dealer I got it from and they told me to go to the garage that they take all there cars to. So I went and it book in for Saturday for them to have a look at it. He said its either the flywheel or the injectors which sometime have a fault with the solenoid.

I would leave it there until they've fixed the fault.

You don't want to risk any further damage to the vehicle assuming they're going to fix it FOC

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2