PDA

View Full Version : About to place an order...

Pilot Morgan
19-02-2013, 10:40 AM
Having monitored this forum for a couple of months I know I'm largely speaking to myself but the heck of it! There are some pretty punchy discounts on the A7 at the moment which I'm finding irresistible. If all goes to plan (Audi Finance acceptance and all that malarky) then I should be purchasing a factory order A7 SE with a few options later on today.

I've been in love with the car since I first saw it on the roads a few months ago and have only ever seen other A7s a couple of times since. The rarity on the roads of this model really appeals to my inner snob ;)

Really appreciated the information on these forums - without it I wouldn't have been aware of the limitations of the Audi Connect issues with the iPhone (i'm still choosing this option regardless, I'll put up with taking the simcard out of my iPhone 4 - and 3 have already sent me a SIM card adaptor for free).

Well, will report back with more details if the deal is done...

Pilot Morgan
19-02-2013, 04:44 PM
Order all placed - just awaiting a firmish build date but have been indicated a May timeline. Went for a Dakota Grey A7 SE Quattro 3.0 TDI (204) and beige interior. Added a couple of extras such as tech pack, sunroof, audi connect and rear camera. Can't wait to have the car delivered - will be wonderful to be driving an Audi again after a few years of being bored stiff in a Toyota Prius.

Pilot Morgan
19-02-2013, 04:44 PM
BTW - bought it from Audi City at Green Park, London and apparently it's the first A7 they've ever sold. Very happy with the price they gave too.

Guest 2
19-02-2013, 04:47 PM
Congrats on the new purchase.

Hope the wait isn't too long! :)

Pilot Morgan
22-02-2013, 03:55 PM
Congrats on the new purchase.

Hope the wait isn't too long! :)

Thanks - I've yet to receive any information from the Dealer regarding the build date but my understanding is that it should be ready sometime in May or, latest, June.

Our full option choice is:

KA2 Audi Parking System Advanced with rear reversing camera
3FE Electric slide-and-tilt sunroof
5MG Inlays - Walnut, brown
9ZW Mobile telephone preparation – High with Audi Connect
7X5 Park assist
6XF Door mirrors – electrically adjustable, folding and heated with memory function
PAC Storage package
WB3 Technology package
6Q3 Wooden gear knob

We really wanted Shiraz Red - it's our favourite colour and that of our old old A6 - but we can't justify another £1500 of cost.

It's also a shame that Audi UK/Europe don't have a similar tracking system as our Canadian cousins get. It seems that Audi are very proactive in communicating the status of a new order build to Canadians, including videos of their car being built and shipment tracking. I understand its a pilot that could get rolled out worldwide, just wish we had it here and now :)

uktivo
02-03-2013, 04:07 PM
Congratulations on the choice. I've had mine for about 4 weeks now. Have to say, I've seen two others in that time.. and I'm loving it.

welcome..