PDA

View Full Version : Driveshafts for AJM + DUK box - Avant

moreteavicar
18-02-2013, 11:04 AM
Hi all,

I'm wondering if anybody knows what the correct N/S driveshaft for an A4 Avant (sep 2000) with AJM engine and DUK gearbox. I thought it would be possible to interchange driveshafts from different models, like use part 8D0407451CX - however a quick search on vagcat(dot)com shows 8D0407451NX and 8D0407271EK... and I've heard from somone that apparently they aren't interchangable due to high-torque gearbox... how do I know which shaft is right? (yes I've googled quite a bit but don't have any answers!)

I did also do a check through eurocarparts, but they don't even say whether the (I presume genuine due to price) shaft is NS/OS - indeed whether it is actually is the right one for my car... I'm presuming not to touch Q-drive with long stick. I should add that the reason I'm looking at replacing is because the inner bearings have fractured, so I was weighing up pros and cons of replacing inner CV section vs entire shaft... (and finding the right inner CV joint kit seems just as troublesome!)

Thanks in advance

Doctle Odd
18-02-2013, 12:02 PM
The inner joints are different one has a CV joint setup the other has a capstan setup, the gearbox flanges are different sizes too, a main dealer will tell you the one you need. Why a complete driveshaft I usually just change the joint as needed driveshafts are expensive if they're not damaged don't buy more