PDA

View Full Version : New A3 - Video in Motion?

ALPORTER
15-02-2013, 09:05 PM
Hi all,

i have just ordered my first new car ever. It's the new A3 8V S-Line 2.0TDI S-tronic.

I like all the toys so have ordered it fully loaded with the following :

panoramic roof
communication pack
luggage pack
lighting pack
bang and olufsen
alcantara leather
adaptive cruise
self park
roof rails
heated folding mirrors
etc etc.

the communication package is awesome and will probably be better than my house stereo, but as I spend a lot of time in the car, this will be we'll used.

The one thing I have now however (on my a4 avant) is video in motion, so that my wife can watch movies on long journeys. I know not everybody is keen on this but it doesn't distract me and I have had it for over 5 years.

Does anyone know how easy it will be to do on the new A3? I have approached Ross tech who don't have the ability to do it at the moment but wondered if anyone with more knowledge would know if it was even possible?

papaspeter
26-02-2013, 10:24 AM
Hi
I also have ordered the same a3 8v SB with all these..MMI TOUCH sun roof....and I have the same request
It has the same OBD for connecting ROSS-TECH vcds. and I found in forums this site for other audi models VIM login-code generator for MMI 3G (http://trick77.com/tools/mmi3g_vimcode.php)
Mayne its working for us.
I will tested when I have the car in 2 months
I had the previous S3 with RNS-E and tv tuner working at all speeds with some softwares updates....
Maybe It's similar to that in the address above!
Peter

james_tiger_woo
26-02-2013, 11:56 AM
ALPORTER - I've got to ask, if you don't mind, what's the OTR price for all that - It sounds awesome :) and what colour? Please tell me you chose a bespoke one from the "Audi special" range :)

ALPORTER
26-02-2013, 01:29 PM
Hi
I also have ordered the same a3 8v SB with all these..MMI TOUCH sun roof....and I have the same request
It has the same OBD for connecting ROSS-TECH vcds. and I found in forums this site for other audi models VIM login-code generator for MMI 3G (http://trick77.com/tools/mmi3g_vimcode.php)
Mayne its working for us.
I will tested when I have the car in 2 months
I had the previous S3 with RNS-E and tv tuner working at all speeds with some softwares updates....
Maybe It's similar to that in the address above!
Peter

Excellent, my only concern is how high the monitor is in the dash, everybody who drives past will be able to see whats on the monitor!

ALPORTER
26-02-2013, 01:36 PM
It came to £36k in the end, and I got very little discount as Audi are not discounting the sportback just the 3 door. I love all the toys, I used to be into the "power" of a car, but with 9 points (all on a motorbike) I had to be sensible. Toys are expensive but are my only real vice. I would not normally buy a new car but I cant get such a high specced one second hand, it was my only choice. Audi actually had a problem putting them all on as there computer would not allow some features with other options, for instance you cant have a rear view camera if you have the park assist, their computer wont let you order it.

The only option I have not gone for is DAB, this is because I don't listen to radio, and I had heard you could have it added afterwards for half the price if I wanted it anyway.

I even went for mono pur, which I wants 100% what that was when I ordered it. I have got the smoking pack and i don't even smoke!

As for the colour, I went for Daytona Grey as I love that colour, it is exclusive to the SLine and my other A4 is that colour so idea they will match on the drive :D

james_tiger_woo
26-02-2013, 01:41 PM
Hats off to you then :)

I had to restrain myself as I didn't want a massive tax bill for optional extras, although I really, really wanted a panoramic roof - but opted to not get one this time. Good call on the DAB as I don't think there's sufficient coverage around the UK at this point.

What's the ETA for it then?

james_tiger_woo
26-02-2013, 01:43 PM
Also - does the ability to play movies ONLY come with the communications package?

mjom89
07-12-2015, 09:27 PM
Bit of an old thread, but did you ever get the video in motion sorted out?

ALPORTER
08-12-2015, 03:09 PM
Bit of an old thread, but did you ever get the video in motion sorted out?

Yes I can now do this, feel free to email me on <removed>

Eshrules
08-12-2015, 03:13 PM
Yes I can now do this, feel free to email me on

Why not explain the process so that all who come here can see the information?

Edit - a quick google explains why.

Sorry but if you want to sell a service you'll need to pay to advertise like all the other sponsors do.

mjom89
08-12-2015, 09:31 PM
At least we now know it is possible! It would be good to know what is involved - I don't fancy having the car ripped apart!