PDA

View Full Version : Lowering suspension new Black Edition

mr mugello
14-02-2013, 09:43 AM
I would like to lower the drop just a touch. Just looking from the side of car, it looks a touch high as I purchased the car as pre built without realising at the time of an option of s line suspension. Mine being fitted with 20 mm drop sport suspension. Just seems too big a gap between tyre and car body. Would I be insane to fit lowering springs and lose my warranty for the sake of a cm ? Springs I was looking out were 35mm front and 30 mm rear. Only doing an oil plug change is my limit to mechanics so I take it would be a professorial job as being a new car for me. Any advice appreciated .

Jason Carson
14-02-2013, 01:54 PM
I'm no expert but before buying new ones its worth checking if the existing shocks are adjustable maybe?

Sam
14-02-2013, 03:08 PM
Fitting shorter/stiffer springs wont void your warranty and less any subsequent issues can be directly attributed to the fitting of the springs.

Might be worth pricing up S-Line suspension directly with the Dealership to give yourself a rough idea of the OEM cost, then comparing that to whatever 3rd party (Apex, H&R, Eibach and so on) offerings are out there.

mr mugello
14-02-2013, 06:01 PM
Spoke to my local main dealer who quite bluntly said they do not or recommend lowering of suspension. I then mentioned about S line suspension offering 30mm drop from standard and asked about retrofitting . Between five to six thousand pounds was told. Did do a quick search to find such springs as Eibach for £180 pounds. Anyone lowered suspension to 30mm from standard ? How many hours labour would it take to change just springs ?

Soot1e
14-02-2013, 08:12 PM
A quick search on google came up with roughly £400 for supply/fit of eibach springs. Lots of places inc AMD Essex, just reread their web site, just over £300!!!

Guest 2
14-02-2013, 08:29 PM
£400 for 1cm?

I'd rather spend that on VCDS tbh. Remember as its a new car, the suspension may take time to settle.

Sam
15-02-2013, 10:32 AM
Spoke to my local main dealer who quite bluntly said they do not or recommend lowering of suspension. I then mentioned about S line suspension offering 30mm drop from standard and asked about retrofitting . Between five to six thousand pounds was told. Did do a quick search to find such springs as Eibach for £180 pounds. Anyone lowered suspension to 30mm from standard ? How many hours labour would it take to change just springs ?

Is that Egyptian pounds? :bigeyes:

On a new car the bolts should be relatively simple to remove (no rust, road salt/grime etc) - £300/400 supply and fit sounds about right.

mr mugello
04-08-2013, 05:04 PM
Well it's been a few months since I started this thread and in the mean time I had a fault with my new car concerning the turbo. In the end the Audi did not have a fix and the dealer offered me an exchange car or wait for a fix from Audi Germany. Went with a factory built car with the S Line suspension 30 mm drop. About a three month wait for car. I went with Glacier White instead of Phantom Black paint on previous car. I'm really pleased with new colour choice as it really defines all the lines on the A4 compared with black. The ride is no harsher than the sports suspension whatsoever, I'd say it's better. The slightly lower drop does makes for a sportier look , no noticeable ugly large gaps on arches. I,m really pleased with the car. I think the firmer ride is much more to do with the wheels size on the Black Edition than the suspension. I'll try to upload a few pic's .218252182621827

Guest 2
04-08-2013, 05:08 PM
Looks good, least you won't void your warranty lowering it now! ;)

A4BlackEdition
04-08-2013, 11:38 PM
What was up with the turbo?, on my second b8, the odd faint whine from my car i notice in a morning not sure if its the turbo. Something i can live with though cant be bothered going to the dealers for now, brilliant car. Ps agree about white showing the lines but avant looks cooler!

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll179/SiRich1971/P1000281_zpsa66c97ea.jpg (http://s288.photobucket.com/user/SiRich1971/media/P1000281_zpsa66c97ea.jpg.html)

mr mugello
05-08-2013, 12:38 PM
Petrol engined turbo. Engine management warning light showing after a few hundred miles from new. Would go into limp mode. Think it was something to do with the Actuator Arm, is it called. Adjusted first time. Still showing the same fault, the complete unit was replaced, but still the warning light would come on. Could do no more until Audi Germany could offer a fix so was offered to wait or replace vehicle.