PDA

View Full Version : Golf 2.0TDI GT DSG Technical Questions

cdgthreesalmons
12-02-2013, 02:30 PM
My Golf 2.0TDI GT DSG is on order with an anticipated collection of 31/03 (rather optimistic I feel).

Now some technical questions that I wondered if you "boffins" can answer as my VW dealer cant answer satisfactorily.

1. Does the 6spd DSG fitted to the 2.0TDI have a "freewheel function" as the new 7spd appears to?

2. Does the 6spd DSG fitted to the 2.0TDI require a "service" - I thought it needed one every 40k which presume is an oil change. Can anyone confirm?

3. Does the Discover Pro SatNav have 7-digit postcode functionality?

Many thanks in advance of any advice as my dealer seems stumped regarding the DSG questions!

glospete
12-02-2013, 05:51 PM
My Golf 2.0TDI GT DSG is on order with an anticipated collection of 31/03 (rather optimistic I feel).

Now some technical questions that I wondered if you "boffins" can answer as my VW dealer cant answer satisfactorily.

1. Does the 6spd DSG fitted to the 2.0TDI have a "freewheel function" as the new 7spd appears to?

2. Does the 6spd DSG fitted to the 2.0TDI require a "service" - I thought it needed one every 40k which presume is an oil change. Can anyone confirm?

3. Does the Discover Pro SatNav have 7-digit postcode functionality?

Many thanks in advance of any advice as my dealer seems stumped regarding the DSG questions!

I can only answer the third point and yes it does!

Guest 2
12-02-2013, 05:53 PM
2 - yes every 40k the dsg needs a fluid change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

h5djr
12-02-2013, 07:25 PM
Quote from another forum....

Quote from guide:

"..The 6-speed dual clutch transmission 02E in the 2012 Passat has a freewheel function.
The purpose of the freewheel function is to isolate the engine from the gearbox in overrun, opening the dual
clutch.

The engine turns at idling speed and the vehicle coasts without any engine braking effect. This freewheel function promotes fuel savings.

The freewheel function is only possible with the selector lever in the "D" position. If the selector lever is in the "S" position or in the tiptronic gate, or if the driver presses the brake, the freewheel function does not operate.

As far as the 6-speed DSG requiring a service, yes as A6_Chris said it's every 40k. I have only kept one of my A3s long enough to require one and it cost £207 for labour, oil, filter and VAT.

cdgthreesalmons
15-02-2013, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the advice.

Neil Ramsay
16-02-2013, 11:56 AM
Hi, happy to confirm the Golf 2.0TDI GT DSG does have the freewheeling function. Takes a few days to work out how to the get the best from it, but now getting 57 mpg on 40 mile motorway runs.