PDA

View Full Version : DSG Issue

Mike.mandalia
12-02-2013, 12:39 AM
Hey guys,

I know this is not going to much of an intro, but more a cry out for help.
I recently saved enought (£5k approx) to buy my first Audi a3, what was meant to be a dream has turned into a nightmare.
I took it to work the first time and whilst doing 70mph I lost all gears, needless to say I was quite freaked out.

Tracing looked online it seems a a very common problem, though like myself if you are not under warrantee a very scary and heartbreaking one.

I thought I would reach out to others to see if anyone else has had the same issue and whether there is a cheaper solution to resolve this.
I really cannot afford to go to dealers and pay £2-3k, im currently left with having to leave the car at home and take the train.
Would really appreciate any help you guys may have to offer.

Thanks,

Mike

Eshrules
12-02-2013, 07:33 AM
Hey guys,

I know this is not going to much of an intro, but more a cry out for help.
I recently saved enought (£5k approx) to buy my first Audi a3, what was meant to be a dream has turned into a nightmare.
I took it to work the first time and whilst doing 70mph I lost all gears, needless to say I was quite freaked out.

Tracing looked online it seems a a very common problem, though like myself if you are not under warrantee a very scary and heartbreaking one.

I thought I would reach out to others to see if anyone else has had the same issue and whether there is a cheaper solution to resolve this.
I really cannot afford to go to dealers and pay £2-3k, im currently left with having to leave the car at home and take the train.
Would really appreciate any help you guys may have to offer.

Thanks,

Mike

What has the supplying dealer said? Most would repair this sort of major failure if reported promptly.

Were there any issues noticed/reported on the test drive?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Guest 2
12-02-2013, 08:44 AM
Don't touch one that hasn't had its DSG oil changed every 40k.

A fault code scan would be recommended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2