PDA

View Full Version : Bora Turbo Trouble

Devilman9000
22-08-2007, 01:54 PM
Hi Guys,

Didn't know about this forum...cooool.

I have a query. I drive a 2001 Bora TDI 100BHP. Up until recently it has driven fine. However, when I was pulling away from a standstill and approached 2500-3000 revs..not really thrashing...the Turbo seemed to throttle back and there was a slight lack of power. Now the Turbo has given up altogether..well it feels like it has. My questions are :

Does this sound like a broken turbo to anyone ?

Has anyone else had this experience?

Is this a typical lifespan for a turbo?....eeeekkk hope not.

Does anyone know of a turbo supplier/fitter near Bexleyheath/Dartford/Crayford (In North Kent) ?

Does anyone know what sort of money this will cost ? (I've been looking into new turbos and they are scaring the bejesus out of me :)....

Many Thanks
Graeme

martandvic
22-08-2007, 07:03 PM
Hi graeme, we have had similar problems with both our golf and our bora tdi's. On each occasion it was the air flow meter. Once changed it was like driving a new car again. I think it was less than a £100 fitted at the garage although I believe it is a relatively easy d.i.y. job.
Might be worth getting it plugged in to a fault code reader at a garage to see first.
Hope this helps, good luck,
Martin

Devilman9000
23-08-2007, 09:28 AM
Hey Martin,

Thanks very much for your post. If it is just the air flow meter then wooohooo :)

At least I now have something to investigate.

Thanks again

Graeme