PDA

View Full Version : VW Golf Cam belt change in Edinburgh

Bobbydaz
22-08-2007, 01:33 PM
Hi
My Golf needs a cam belt change and I live in Edinburgh. Does anyone know of a reasonably priced place I can get this done?

Also, I've had my car broken into twice and the radio/cd player nicked. I'm now without any audio equipment in the car because it's costing me a fortune in window replacement. This thief is extremely determined and is not deterred by radios that have the facia removed. Is there a model of radio/cd that can easily be remoed without dismantling the thing each time? Any solutions very welcome!:1zhelp:

kenh
13-09-2007, 08:55 PM
Had mine done a few months ago by Bellingham Motors and everything seems fine. Did the water pump at the same time. They were about £75 cheaper than the local dealers.

Bobbydaz
17-09-2007, 09:54 AM
Thanks for that, I'll check em out.
Cheers!
:beerchug:

ryandude
03-10-2007, 11:20 PM
any one know of one in notts?

greg123
22-10-2007, 07:32 PM
Where did the question just disappear to? I had it in my email alter and now it's vanished.

Sam
23-10-2007, 09:41 AM
Where did the question just disappear to? I had it in my email alter and now it's vanished.

Important: Adverts in signatures/posts (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/announcement.php?f=2&a=21)

You are advertising without permission, it disappeared for that reason.

Rules are rules

Bobbydaz
23-10-2007, 10:08 AM
Dunno, but I got my cam belt changed for a good price in Edinburgh (Thistle Motors, Easter Road) and Bobby's running sweet so thanks!
:biglaugh:

greg123
23-10-2007, 10:40 AM
No, ryandude's question. He asked how much cambelt changes were. I answered his question but the question disappeared - I still have it in my email so I know what it said.

As for advertising, my apologies about the link (I'm on 12 forums, this is the first that controls links and sigs) and I'm not a company I'm a sole trader, but no worries whatever makes the users of this forum happy makes me happy.

On the bright side at least I kept a mod employed.... :D

Important: Adverts in signatures/posts (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/announcement.php?f=2&a=21)

You are advertising without permission, it disappeared for that reason.

Rules are rules

Sam
23-10-2007, 11:03 AM
No, ryandude's question. He asked how much cambelt changes were. I answered his question but the question disappeared - I still have it in my email so I know what it said.

And it is still here on the forum, just moderated, so I too know what it says.

As for advertising, my apologies about the link (I'm on 12 forums, this is the first that controls links and sigs) and I'm not a company I'm a sole trader, but no worries whatever makes the users of this forum happy makes me happy.As I said, rules are rules.

We make no distinction between a company, sole trader, partnership, back-garden mechanic, artist, market stall trader and so on. No one is to advertise without permission.

This makes both the members, and those who have paid to advertise happy

On the bright side at least I kept a mod employed.... :DYou did, and what a bright side it is ;)

Eshrules
23-10-2007, 11:29 AM
just for arguments sake :p (strange for me as it is ;))

a sole trader is a sole owned business, it is still classed as a company, in the asme respect as a partnership, a PLC or a LTD, they're all one and the same, simply different ownerships.

also, i'm a member on 6 forums and each and every one moderates sig's and links within threads, so you must be on some very leniant forums ;)

try becoming a supporting company, for £100 a year Stuart is a top bloke and you'll find it hard to match the exposure your business would gain on this forum with any other :beerchug:

As for advertising, my apologies about the link (I'm on 12 forums, this is the first that controls links and sigs) and I'm not a company I'm a sole trader