PDA

View Full Version : Interior Heating Warm-up Time

08-02-2013, 11:29 AM
During this current cold snap I was surprised to find warm air coming from the facia vents in less than a mile travelled. In my previous cars, also diesel, I had to go 3 - 4 miles in cold weather before there war warm air. Anyone an explanation for this fast reponse?
Passat B7 140 Diesel Sport Manual.

bertj
08-02-2013, 08:15 PM
During this current cold snap I was surprised to find warm air coming from the facia vents in less than a mile travelled. In my previous cars, also diesel, I had to go 3 - 4 miles in cold weather before there war warm air. Anyone an explanation for this fast reponse?
Passat B7 140 Diesel Sport Manual.

Wish I could get mine to do that! It takes forever to get warm - at least 5 miles on a motorway. I've found that it will warm up more quickly in the car if the heater control is turned to maximum and the air con switched off. Perhaps you've got a car fitted with a supplementary electric heater but I didn't know that was an option in the UK.

08-02-2013, 10:37 PM
Just to add to my initial post above. Air con switched to ON and temperature either 21 or 22. No changing of temeperature setting - just left as previously set.

Europa25
24-02-2013, 03:16 AM
My 2.0TDi B6 took about 30 secs to get warm, great this time of year, I've no idea why !

My new B7 1.6TDi takes around 5 mins or so, I don't mind, us Brits can brave it, Grrr :)

But at 3am, it's the difference between getting in the car with a jacket or short short sleeves...