PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 TDI GT Tungsten Silver

sootymk7
07-02-2013, 08:25 PM
Tomorrow I take delivery of my MK7 2.0 TDI GT (very excited), I currently have the same car in MK6 (different colour though) so it will be interesting to see how different it feels. Will post a comparison review in a few days. Have really loved driving the MK6 for the last 3 years so I hope the MK7 is as good.

J400uk
07-02-2013, 08:31 PM
Sounds good. Did you go for the DSG or Manual?

sootymk7
07-02-2013, 08:40 PM
Manual as still can't see the benefit of DSG.

DaveB666
08-02-2013, 08:35 AM
Please post some pics asap. Its the same colour and spec I've ordered.

Neil Ramsay
09-02-2013, 04:09 PM
Please post some pics asap. Its the same colour and spec I've ordered.

I'll 2nd that request.

sootymk7
10-02-2013, 04:09 PM
Will take some pics as soon as it stops raining. Only driven about 20 miles so far but love the car. The interior is amazing and is a huge improvement on the mk6. It feels like a much bigger car and I'm sure it's quieter. Ambient interior lighting is a nice touch and the infotainment unit is clear and responsive. That's all for now as have to entertain the kids as the weather is so bad.

Denis B
28-02-2013, 10:09 AM
I just picked up my Mk 7 yesterday!

2.0 GT TDI (150ps BMT) in white.

Some key points that I have noticed.

Adaptive chassis control - There is a mode button by the gear shift that has 4 options - Normal, Sport, Eco, Individual.
This makes a HUGE difference to the suspension and the engine you can feel the tightness into corners and the higher response from the engine when in sports.
Even in ECO the engine still has pull and I also got 65mpg for 30mins on the motorway!

Indivdual - you can set the car as you wish i.e eco engine, sports suspension and normal steering.

This is a very nice touch!!

The media centre is awesome, it comes standard with the 'apple connections' for IPOD, I got mine changed to USB and so far no problems at all!

I have a 500GB external HDD running from it and its great to have no CD's rattling around in the car, the sound from the speakers is crisp and clear and fully controlled by touch screen or steering wheel!

The DAB/FM radio is effortless, looking through presets are mainly BBC but then click on 'National' and you can get everything in the UK.
You can also store upto 18 stations on each!

Sat NAV - I have only just played with it but it seems ok, ok, its not TOM TOM and it's missing some things but then I guess VW have done that so that you go and buy the NAV PRO system.
It got me from A to B with no worries and you can still have the media on with no issues as the female voice cuts over the music.
You don't have to constantly watch the touch screen in the centre either, the instructions are spoken and small icons appear in the drivers display screen instead of mpg, mileage etc.
I haven't found postcode search yet!!
I'll post more after I've used it a bit!

Ambient lighting - This car looks amazing at night, nice door strips and footwell lighting that can be adjusted through the media centre, the 'puddle lights' under the wing mirrors are awesome too!
This car at night is out of this world - You'l see what I mean when you see it, I'll try to take some pics tonight to show you all!

Cabin feel -
The cntre arm rest is a nice touch, its high adjustable and you can also extend the length of it for more comfort.
Both front seats are height adjustable and very comfortable!
I went for Velor finish, when crusing, its like sitting in a arm chair, yet when driving hard, the chairs still hold you nice and tight! (Although not quite as well as the MK 5!)
I went 5 door, passengers have lots of room in the back, I'm 6' 5" so have the seat fairly back and no one complained yesterday when we went out for 2hrs, having to sit behind me!

Just a few thoughts on the car so far, I hope this helps:)

Pommyboi
28-02-2013, 06:30 PM
I just picked up my Mk 7 yesterday!

2.0 GT TDI (150ps BMT) in white.

Even in ECO the engine still has pull and I also got 65mpg for 30mins on the motorway!

Wow 65 mpg, I don't expect to ever see that. :(

I did have it in Eco mode (it's not the optional ACC on my car so suspension isn't changed) but found the pick up sluggish on the throttle so now have it set to Individual - Sport on the throttle, Eco on the cruise control and Normal on the steering.

I'm not even driving like a boy racer and struggling to get more than an average of mid 50 mpg on long 70 mph motorway runs :(

G0rdon
28-02-2013, 06:34 PM
Unless I've missed a setting somewhere, it seems the ambient lighting doesn't apply in the rear. The equivalent bits of the front doors that light up aren't lit up on the rear doors.

Denis B
01-03-2013, 12:27 AM
Unless I've missed a setting somewhere, it seems the ambient lighting doesn't apply in the rear. The equivalent bits of the front doors that light up aren't lit up on the rear doors.

I check that out tomorrow, I think the ambient lighting and settings are mainly aimed at the front cabin ;)

Photos will be ready tomorrow also:)