PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help ? audi a6

mmm777
21-08-2007, 11:29 PM
HI everybody , I got audi a6 1.8 T auto, car is in perfect condition, on last trip what was over 4000 miles , on way back I find , like car jerking when accelerating, but only when I push pedal really hard, but still got power, on normal acceleration is everything just fine, I already checked MAF - unplug, cleaned, try new one, but still is there, I got diagnostic cable and VAG com diagnostic, I checked everything no error code. I fitted new N75 valve, clean throtle body, checked hoses for leaking, clean turbocharger boost pressure sensor TC, I can't find anything wrong, what can I overlooked, missed?:confused:

Thanks a lot for any help...

Ben
22-08-2007, 12:19 AM
Sounds like you know your way round the engine. Did you check the condition of the spark plugs for cleanliness and that the spark gaps are correct. What about the fuel filter, if its dirty or obstructed fuel flow may be affected when the engine needs it most, i.e. When under acceleration.

mmm777
22-08-2007, 07:20 AM
Hi GOLFMK5GTTDI, thanks for advise, spark plugs are new and when was fitted in servise I believe they setup corectly gaps, but I will check, fuel filter is new, was new before this trip, car got big service, I don't believe can go dirty so quickly, just after aprox. 3000 miles after fitting???, but I will check this part too, thanks.

mmm777

cbrpaul
22-08-2007, 09:38 AM
A few ideas for you m8 !

When you accelerate hard you put max demand on the ignition system at this point

I would check ,the leads and coil pack , and all connections

When its dark open bonnet get a m8 to rev engine and look for spark arching/leakage , you will see nice white flashes if faulty

One other thing , one of my old cars a few years ago , was jerky on hard acceleration but only when the engine was well warmed up , it was perfect when cold

Turned out to be a faulty crank sensor !!!

good luck
:beerchug:

mmm777
22-08-2007, 10:00 PM
Hi cbrpaul, today I checked all advise what you give, no result, everything is just fine..., no spark leakage, or faulty crank sensor, already I checked what advise me GOLFMK5GTTDI, but everything, spark plugs are new - and gaps are perfect, fuel filter is clean, already fuel pump working properly.., what I just thinking is maybe TC - Turbocharger wastegate regulating valve..., because car got power, and boost too, but this jerking starting around 4000 rpm, but sound like loose boost , make new boost , and loose and again..., its like slow jerking..., I try check pressure on TC if its working properly or not with pressure gauge, and I will see.

Thanks a lot.

mmm777
15-09-2007, 04:03 PM
Hi everyone, problem fixed, was turbo actuator, spring inside was broken... :beerchug:

Peter D
15-09-2007, 08:17 PM
Glad it's fixed. May I ask exactly which cable you bought and where and at what cost did you buy it. Regards Peter

mmm777
15-09-2007, 08:37 PM
Hi Peter, my part look like this :

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=&product=FMACVAG02

what i know there is no cable.., in my old one was spring broken inside, and make hesitation under acceleration, if this help...

Peter D
15-09-2007, 09:05 PM
No No, I was asking about the Diagnostic 'cable' to use with a laptop and Vag-com SW. Regards Peter

mmm777
15-09-2007, 10:05 PM
Oh, sorry, I bought from ebay: http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=vag++cable, you can choose which you need, I think my was OBD II and was around 15 £ incl. delivery, and diagnostic software I download from there : http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/download/

Peter D
16-09-2007, 07:46 AM
Look at the cable and tell me what is written on the connector and how many pins does it have. I have an OBDII cable and vag-com S/W but it will not talk to me 1998 A6 1.8T thus my reason for asking. Some sources say that you need a can-bus cable. Any help appreciated. Regards Peter

cbrpaul
16-09-2007, 09:27 AM
if its any help , my Ebay cable works perfectly with my sharan 1999 tdi and my m8,s 2006 sharan 19.tdi ,

mmm777
16-09-2007, 09:34 AM
Hi, but allready said , on my cable is only write obd II nothig else, is one cheap one, my got 3 pins on bottom line - number 16, 15 and 10, and 4 pins on top line - number 7, 5, 4 and 2 , but when I bought that coming with software instalation cd , because doesn't work without that, mine if it's connected only to the laptop looks like doesn't work, but when I gonnecting to car I got green led on cable and start lights up, then I connecting to laptop , turn on program I got 409 trial version, and 311 full one, my cable doesn't work with new 704, I doesn't check yet, everytime I checking connection i find connection on com 3 or com 4, I got 2 laptops, old laptop find it on com3 , new on com 4 if this help, at the moment I don't know how more I can help, if you still got problem I try help you , or if you living close to surrey - woking, we can meet , and i can check for you, what can be problem..., before i got similar problem, but my mate from audi , he show me how do job properly, and everything starts work just fine..., I am very happy , for 15 £ cable I got vag diagnostic , and I check my wife skoda octavia - working perfect , erase faulty codes , turn off engine light when come on - was faulty DV , really helpfull, on my audi I find some error - and in my eyes car was like fine, I repaired what was wrong , clear codes, and just now my car is ok...

Peter D
16-09-2007, 10:01 AM
Thanks for that info. That is exactly the cable and pin allocations I have so it might be the S/W installation on the lap top. I'll start over again. I am up in Scotland so a meet is not best suited. Regards Peter

Peter D
16-09-2007, 10:10 AM
What year is your A6. Regards Peter

mmm777
16-09-2007, 10:41 AM
my is T - reg , 1999, 1.8T auto , i think is 03/1999

mmm777
16-09-2007, 10:46 AM
Last week I was in wales, not so far... ;) , but for me looks your problem like with instalation cable software in laptop, you recived with your cable some instalation cd? if yes try removed old instalation, restart comp, put cd in , then connect cable with laptop, and then install from yor cd software for your hardware...