PDA

View Full Version : Noise at just above 1000 revs

nionx
06-02-2013, 10:36 AM
I've recently bought a 10 month old S Line A4 Diesel from a local Audi dealership and hope some experts out there can give me a little advice.

At just over a 1000revs (while in gear, its multi-tronic) there is a slight "rattling" (sorry I cant be more descriptive) noise. It occurs only at these revs. Its difficult to attempt to track down where the noise is coming from. Could it be because its a diesel? I tend to think its something else.

Back to the multi-tronic gearbox. Has anyone experienced reversing issues during spells of freezing weather? It will reverse without issue when the weather is ok however, when freezing its slower than an asthmatic slug.

I will call the dealership shortly however, I would like to have an idea of what I'm talking about prior to calling.

All help greatly appreciated.

jord0301
07-02-2013, 04:30 PM
I've recently bought a 10 month old S Line A4 Diesel from a local Audi dealership and hope some experts out there can give me a little advice.

At just over a 1000revs (while in gear, its multi-tronic) there is a slight "rattling" (sorry I cant be more descriptive) noise. It occurs only at these revs. Its difficult to attempt to track down where the noise is coming from. Could it be because its a diesel? I tend to think its something else.

Back to the multi-tronic gearbox. Has anyone experienced reversing issues during spells of freezing weather? It will reverse without issue when the weather is ok however, when freezing its slower than an asthmatic slug.

I will call the dealership shortly however, I would like to have an idea of what I'm talking about prior to calling.

All help greatly appreciated.

This sounds very similar to the problem i am having. Does it make this noise in every gear at 1000rpms? The noise is most noticable with me when i hold the car at constant speed like 30 or 40mph, which would mean that the noise would appear whilst hitting the 1000rpm mark...

Danny-boy
07-02-2013, 04:41 PM
I had this on a non-audi.

Turned out to be a loose cat-conv heatshield cover that was vibrating at certain (around 1000) revs.

Worth a check.

nionx
08-02-2013, 10:09 AM
This sounds very similar to the problem i am having. Does it make this noise in every gear at 1000rpms? The noise is most noticable with me when i hold the car at constant speed like 30 or 40mph, which would mean that the noise would appear whilst hitting the 1000rpm mark...

Yes, exactly the issue I have. It is most noticeable at around 30 with the revs at around 1100. No rattling occurs when stationary, in neutral, at this rev range. I'm going to the dealership today to speak to them, I'll report back what they say.

nionx
08-02-2013, 10:11 AM
I had this on a non-audi.

Turned out to be a loose cat-conv heatshield cover that was vibrating at certain (around 1000) revs.

Worth a check.

Danny-boy, did the vibration occur only when the car was in gear? If I had to make a guess, the rattle may be coming from that area of the car, difficult to pin down though.

jord0301
13-02-2013, 01:57 PM
Yes, exactly the issue I have. It is most noticeable at around 30 with the revs at around 1100. No rattling occurs when stationary, in neutral, at this rev range. I'm going to the dealership today to speak to them, I'll report back what they say.

Any news from the dealership on what the problem was?

simba
13-02-2013, 04:18 PM
Mine has the same prob i think,been back to the dealers nothing found, the rattle/vibration seems to nearly disapear when warmed up.
cvt 140.