PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Fuel problem

surgeon
06-02-2013, 08:33 AM
Hi Audi fans,
Although my Audi is old its still my baby. Recently my fuel line ruptured at the input to the filter. I fitted a new pipe. Since then my car starts and idles for about a minute then cuts out. The fuel pressure into the filter seems strong. When the car starts I am unable to press the accelerator petal, if I do the car cuts out. I have disabled the anti theft system in case this was the problem. Please help, this car is in daily use. Further information, just discovered that when measuring voltage on coil (does not have marking) the voltage is low IE. 11.4 vdc the battery is 13.75 when charging. Monitoring the voltage on the coil shows that while starting the voltage varies tremendously. when car starts the voltage drops back to 11.4v After leaving car for 15 minutes I can restart the car and voltage stays at 11.4 but will suddenly disappear causing car to stall. Can I wire one side of the coil to a separate supply? If so which side?

Regards,
Surgeon.:confused:

Thank you all. I found the fault to be a cracked rotor causing all sorts of problems after the fuel pipe was replaced.

Regards,
Surgeon.