PDA

View Full Version : Ordered a GT Tdi DSG (but is it too boring)!

Huftons
03-02-2013, 08:39 PM
Hi all, have just ordered a 2.0 Tdi GT DSG!

Taking a bit of a risk having only driven the 1.4 ACT and 1.6 Tdi Golf and the 2.0 Tdi in an A3 (and a Seat Ibiza with a DSG!) but have gone for it anyway.

I went for minimal options (different 17" wheels, Tungsten silver metallic and service plan) but I'm now having seconds thoughts with regard to the relative blandness of the car.

So thinking of swapping to a Tornado red car with the 18" wheels (to funk it up a bit, make it more GTI like).

Bad move, what do people think? Any experience of the 18" wheels on a GT Golf (A3 I drove had 18" and was firm but acceptable)?

Pommyboi
03-02-2013, 11:38 PM
I'm not sure about the wheels but I think someone on this forum does have them on their car. I'd agree with you that it does look a bit dull in silver, I haven't seen a red car in the flesh but in photos it does look more sporty and a bit sharper and it would have been my choice had I ordered from new.

cs2009
04-02-2013, 11:30 AM
Bad move, what do people think? Any experience of the 18" wheels on a GT Golf (A3 I drove had 18" and was firm but acceptable)?

Well I have 18" wheels on my Mk.6 Golf and they certainly have a disastrous effect on ride quality, although not helped by the adaptive chassis control which makes it worse, IMO. Currently, I have Winter tyres fitted on 17" alloys, and the ride is much improved. I actually think they look better too, but that is personal preference.

cdgthreesalmons
04-02-2013, 12:08 PM
Drove a 2.0TDI DSG GT demonstrator at the weekend. Phenomenal!!!!!!!! About to place an order I was SO impressed.

A note about colour. I was looking at the Audi A3 and speaking to the salesman regarding colours. He informed me that RED cars are VERY hard to sell on 2nd hand/px. It really does have an impact on resale value he stated. May not be a concern to you but thought it was worth mentioning.

Huftons
04-02-2013, 08:36 PM
Have decided to go with the red and 18". Confirmed order change with dealer (and £70 back :o). Dealer reckons red looks great (he said that even before I placed the order) so I'm not too worried about negative impact on p/x (a lot of GTIs/GTDs com in red after all).

Feel better about it now and looking forward. Roll on May (ish)!

J400uk
04-02-2013, 08:59 PM
Nice choice, they look brilliant in Red!

a4 s line
05-02-2013, 10:17 AM
I agree with the above post, a red Golf with 18's will look stunning. I've had couple in the past and red would always have been my first choice.