PDA

View Full Version : Golf mk3 body parts

Naj
21-08-2007, 08:01 PM
Hi all, i'm new here.

Need some help and advice. I have a 5 door 1995 (M reg) Golf 1.8 GL.

It was recently damaged, well 2 months ago actually. 3rd party insurers where dragging things along. Anyway, now that we have settled on a cash settlement. I need to get the car fixed.

I'll get some pics up later, stupid memory card playing up. But the damage is to the osf wing and driver side front door. The wing will definately need to be replaced, luckily the bonnet line is untouched. As for the driver side door, the damage is to the front of the door, such that it hits against the front wing and prevents it fully opening.

Anyway, i will need a new wing, as for the door, it may or may not be salvagable. Dealership prices on door and wing is not the kind of money i want to spend, in excess of £300. I'm going to search the scrpyards for parts but incase i can't find them, can you reccomend some websites where i can order the parts. What about buying non-genuine parts? How good would they be?

Remember, i don't want an immaculate looking car, just something that is driveable.

Any help is much appreciated.

Basscrazy
21-08-2007, 08:46 PM
1st choice spares can specify your colour etc they use your reg and what parts you want they will find somone with them and gets posted

means no spraying and probably looking about 100 quid

wing quoted me 38 quid deliverd same colour

Naj
21-08-2007, 10:55 PM
Thanks man. I hope i get lucky and can find them the same colour.

Oh by the way, how the heck do i know what variant my model is, you know like is it ADZ or ABS or ACC etc etc...?

chil
30-08-2007, 08:48 PM
Not sure where abouts you are but there is a place in Boreham in Essex where I get all my parts from called "Stevens VW dismantlers" which have loads of VW's that they take apart everyday. I got a rear electric window motor for my wifes '95 cabrio for £80 (compared to dealers price of £220) and they tried it out for me aswell. Might help.

Pernicitus
30-08-2007, 09:29 PM
Not sure if its what you are looking for, but I found all the colour code info etc, under the carpet in the boot of my mk3

On this pic you can see the colour code LC9Z plus your other code should be above it!

Hope this helps

leroybrown1984
11-06-2009, 10:41 AM
Hi there, i need to replace the osf wing, how does the wing come off the car? are they difficult to take off?
cheers

Pernicitus
11-06-2009, 01:13 PM
I did mine donkeys ago, so I cant remember exactly, but from memory:
There are bolts to be removed under the bonnet, they are well visable running along wing edge.
I think I remember unclipping the grill at the front to access some bolts/nuts there.
Oh also (I think) 2/3 nuts/bolts on the inside of the wheel well, bolting the wing to the door frame edge.

All in all, it wasn't that hard, I'm not mechanically minded at all and I sorted it out pretty easily.

Also from memory, there was a glue or anti vibration strip running along the top edge of where the wing sits on the car (inside the bonnet). I think I replaced this with household sealer :)

I'm sure the others will have a more technical description of the process, but its not that big a job! ;)

Pernic