PDA

View Full Version : Mark7 GT 140 TSI

Mal
01-02-2013, 06:05 PM
I have been a VW diesel man for a few years now, but having recently retired and not now ploding the 'M'ways I down sized from a Passat SEL 170Tdi to a Mk6 1.6Tdi Match last year.
I am pleaded with the Mk6, it is comfortable and does about 53 mph around town with a £30 VED.

I have looked at the Mk7 SE and the interior and radio are nowhere as good as the MK6 Match. The new Mk7 GT has all the bells I require as standard and with the 1.4 TSI engine it also is £30 VED, the book says 47mpg Urban, How true is this? Has anyone any experiance of its true MPG?

Pommyboi
01-02-2013, 06:30 PM
I have been a VW diesel man for a few years now, but having recently retired and not now ploding the 'M'ways I down sized from a Passat SEL 170Tdi to a Mk6 1.6Tdi Match last year.
I am pleaded with the Mk6, it is comfortable and does about 53 mph around town with a £30 VED.

I have looked at the Mk7 SE and the interior and radio are nowhere as good as the MK6 Match. The new Mk7 GT has all the bells I require as standard and with the 1.4 TSI engine it also is £30 VED, the book says 47mpg Urban, How true is this? Has anyone any experiance of its true MPG?

I've not noticed anyone saying they own a 1.4 ACT at the moment.

keep an eye on HonestJohns website, real MPG http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/volkswagen/golf-vii-2013/ and Fuelly | Share and Compare Your MPG (http://www.fuelly.com)

I thought you didn't like the dreary black interior on the MK7?

Mal
01-02-2013, 06:53 PM
I thought you didn't like the dreary black interior on the MK7?[/QUOTE] :confused:

I think this is my first comment on the Mk7, I cannot remember any comments before... could be my age.....

Pommyboi
01-02-2013, 07:03 PM
lol no it's me, confused at such an early age. I though I had read comments on another forum from you!

I hope the 1.4 gets closer to it's promised MPG than my diesel is getting at the moment....

yesnaby
01-02-2013, 09:02 PM
1.4 ACT DSG, only got 52 mpg on motorway.