PDA

View Full Version : Owners Manual

h5djr
31-01-2013, 10:07 AM
I have just seen a post on another forum to say that Skoda have made the Owners Manual for the new 2013 Octavia available on their website. As a lot of the technology used on the new Octavia is the same as the Golf VII it may be worth a look. It's a pity VW do not do the same.

http://ws.skoda-auto.com/OwnersManualService/Data/en/Octavia_5E/11-2012/Manual/Octavia/A7_Octavia_OwnersManual.pdf

J400uk
31-01-2013, 02:12 PM
Nice find! That is definitely worth a read as it should all be very similar.

h5djr
31-01-2013, 07:10 PM
The same forum has just come up with the manual for the Infotainment/Navigation system being fitted to the new Octavia. Whilst it's not the same as the one being fitted to the Golf VII it looks like a lot of the functions and button positions are much the same. Here is the link...

http://ws.skoda-auto.com/OwnersManualService/Data/en/Octavia_5E/11-2012/Navigation/Columbus/A7_Octavia_Columbus_InfotainmentNavigation.pdf

vc-10
02-02-2013, 10:02 PM
Major error Skoda/VW... the keyboard in the Columbus unit is alphabetical, not QWERTY. Those things are awful

h5djr
03-02-2013, 10:12 AM
Major error Skoda/VW... the keyboard in the Columbus unit is alphabetical, not QWERTY. Those things are awful

Possibly because different European countries use slightly different keyboard layouts. Would be nice if, like my TomTom unit, they gave you the option of QWERTY or ABC. I've not seen a manual yet for the actual unit used in the Golf. I suppose it's possible VW do give you the option. Can anyone with a Golf VII with a built-in Sat/Nav tell us.

vc-10
03-02-2013, 04:33 PM
Yes, but no reason why the keyboard can't be customised with the language. I think the Germans swap X and Y on their keyboards, and the French keyboards are slightly different too, but if my phone can have swappable keyboards, I see no reason why these head units can't either. A solution like your TomTom, or any modern phone, with swappable keyboards would be best.

yesnaby
03-02-2013, 06:14 PM
Hello,

I have the Discover Pro and the keyboard is alphabetical, not QWERTY (at least for the sat nav).

Michael

G0rdon
03-02-2013, 10:18 PM
Mine's QWERTY, thankfully. Have seen an option somewhere in the menus regarding QWERTY / ABC but can't recall whether that's across all options or just for the navigation.

steve scott
16-02-2013, 10:57 AM
I've got the Discover Pro unit and you can set up qwerty keyboard by going into the main menu, setup, keypad layout option. Not that intuitive but you only have to do it once.