PDA

View Full Version : Removing badges?

AWH
18-06-2006, 05:55 PM
Any advice on how to removethe badges on my TDI. The red "D" and "I" are a little tarnished (maybe water got behind the plastic?), and wanna replace them.

AWH
20-06-2006, 07:33 PM
COME ON! ;)

stuart
20-06-2006, 08:44 PM
Hi

I belive, and I say "belive" that if you use a hair drier and warm the area of the badge, it softens the glue, then use a very fine thread to remove the badge.

Stuart

AWH
20-06-2006, 08:54 PM
Thats what i thought, but didnt want to damage anything while trying to improve the situation :1zhelp:

Sam
21-06-2006, 11:55 AM
Park the area in question in the sun for a few hours (there's a lot of sun around at the moment which is rare for the UK!) or use a hairdryer or, and this is a new one to me, use boiling water - I'd be wary of chucking boiling water over my car though.

You'll need some dental floss (minty or otherwise - it's up to you) and some sticky-stuff remover (lemon juice may work)

Once the badges are warm you can saw them off with the dental floss. Place the floss behind the letters and as close to the body as you can and just pull down in a sawing motion. Clean up the excess with the sticky-stuff remover and then use a bit of wax to bring the colour up.

andy_b
04-07-2006, 07:02 PM
Good tip there, will give that a go.

AWH
05-07-2006, 08:54 PM
I used fishing braided line in the end, poped off really easily with this. :biglaugh: