PDA

View Full Version : Is this A5 worth it? Or avoid?

Drdremob
30-01-2013, 01:19 AM
Hi there,
I'm looking at a Audi A5 3.0TDI Quattro Sport Tiptronic I have seen locally.
The specs are:
- Sport model Automatic
- DRL + Xenons
- 20 inch RS4 alloys
- Full Sat NAV+ Phone+SD slot etc
- Folding wing mirrors
- Heated + Electric seats
- Auto wipers/ headlights
- Hill mount control
- Bang Olufsen system with DAB

In black, has 1 year tax and MOT
85k miles full Audi SH

He wants £13250 cash does this sound like a good deal if everything is fine with it,he paid 20k 9 months ago..seems to have depreciated quite abit..

What sort of money wud I get back in a year say? Your views please:)

Thanks

Doctle Odd
30-01-2013, 01:27 AM
He's prepared to lose 200.00 odd a week on it? That's serious depreciation at that rate you'd get 3000.00 if you were lucky probably less as it would be a year older. Can you get it checked by AA, RAC?

Puresilk
30-01-2013, 02:37 AM
Mate

That would easily sell for around 17k I know as I have been looking.

20 inch alloys
B & O stereo
Tiptronic
Sat nav

And it's in black you just can't go wrong for £13250, I would bite his hand off and buy it.

BUT make sure you do a HPI check and see if you can get it checked over by the AA or RAC for peace if mind. It's going cheap so I would be slightly suspicious as to why ?

Drdremob
30-01-2013, 03:21 AM
Yes it's hpi clear he needs a quick sale,isn't 85k on the high side?

Puresilk
30-01-2013, 01:08 PM
In an ideal world 65k would have been perfect but then no way would he sell at that price. If your going to keep the car for a while then I would go for it as the extra toys on it make the car a bargain.

I bought my A4 B7 with 120k when it was 3 years old, I have had it 4 years now and it's on 200k and with no issues what so ever, original turbo and clutch and plenty if life in it yet. It still drives tight and is smooth and it's the s line model.

The 3.0 tdi V6 diesel is such a strong refined lump it should comfortably hit 300k and beyond. If your worried get a top warranty for peace if mind. Audis make such strong diesels, I do t know why people freak out when mileage hits 100k and beyond. I know people with newer less mileage cars than mine that have had more work done to them so it's just luck of the draw with any car. You could pick up a 35k A5 for 18k and you could have issues with that.

And at £13250 you just can't go wrong with that spec of car.

Mate get it and enjoy.

And put some pics up as I bet it looks awesome.

Doctle Odd
30-01-2013, 01:13 PM
I's still be inclined to get it up on a ramp as well as getting a diagnostic scan. It's a lot of car for the money. Did you view it at his house? Does his address and the address on the V5 match? Caveat Emptor!

Guest 2
30-01-2013, 04:52 PM
have you done your own hpi check and not just relied on his word?

id be doing it for peace of mind and never believe anything the seller says, of any car!

HPI Check - Used Car History, Finance, Write Off & Vehicle Data (http://www.hpicheck.com/?gclid=CJbY6Oy3kLUCFW_KtAodKGEA2Q)

Eshrules
30-01-2013, 06:17 PM
I'll echo the warnings above. The value of thorough checks cannot be over estimated!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

zollaf
30-01-2013, 07:33 PM
too cheap, he could webuyanycar it for that, surely. be careful, very careful...

Guest 2
30-01-2013, 07:39 PM
what is it they say ... if its too good to be true, it usually is!

Puresilk
01-02-2013, 03:02 PM
True,

BUT a full hpi check and AA inspection backed up with warranty and this could be steal.