PDA

View Full Version : Size of Luggage Area

h5djr
24-01-2013, 09:03 PM
I called in to another VW dealer this afternoon to check up on a couple of measurements of the Golf VII. The luggage area size is important to me as I'm beginining to lose the full use of my legs. I can walk short distances with no problem but my legs start to stiffen up and become very painful over longer distances. For that reason I have a mobility scooter which I use and take away with me on holiday. It just fits in the 810mm length of the luggage area of my existing 2012 A3 Sportback. The luggage area on the new A3 Sportback is 30mm shorter and in the 5-door Golf VII even 20 mm shorter than that.

In the showroom with several new Golf VIIs was a Golf VI Estate and the luggage compartment in that was 1070mm, some 260mm longer than my existing A3 Sportback. Assuming the new Golf VII Estate is a similar length and as I would want to stay with VAG and the DSG gearbox, it looks like it's going to have to be a Golf VII Estate or perhaps the new Skoda Octavia Estate. Neither of these are available until around the middle of 2013, so it's a good job I bought my A3 Sportback when I did in March 2012.