PDA

View Full Version : wipers

alnaz276
23-01-2013, 08:07 PM
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_38 0005_langId_-1_categoryId_165620

sorry i know a lot has been asked regarding wipers, so i went to my local audi dealer to ask about getting the little clip that breaks when changing wipers and he quoted £40 saying it need the new wiper arm. the thing that has broken as well as the clip is the wiper spoiler and clip that connects to the arm.
Does any one know if the wipers from above link will connect to the arm or will i have to fork out for a new arm, dont want to waste 30 quid on wipers if i still need the arm.

thanks in advance Mark

audi a4 advant 1.8t 03 plate

Boy
23-01-2013, 10:36 PM
I think these little plastic clips used to cost only a few pence.
Has your dealer misunderstood your requirement?
On my B6, I decided to switch to B7 arms which take aero blades. This was a very
worthwhile upgrade and if you need new blades anyway, that moderates the expense.

alnaz276
23-01-2013, 10:51 PM
cheers Boy i read your previous post to another member,not only has that little plastic thing snapped, part of the wiper spoiler has snapped not allowing it to connect to wiper, i dont really need the wiperblade.
i took the wiper and the spoiler to the dealer and all the little bits, that's when he came back to me and said it need new arm. I have seen that clip on sale at stoke audi, Is the spoiler needed? just been out to car and found little u shped clip still attached to the arm

Boy
23-01-2013, 11:59 PM
I'm sorry, I cannot recall the construction well enough to say if the spoiler is necessary.
Unfortunately, my old wiper arms are not close by and I shall not see them for another ten days.
If you still need help then, I would be happy to let you have one of those at a nominal cost and postage.
Which part of the country are you in/

alnaz276
24-01-2013, 08:06 AM
Thanks i am based in Liverpool,
Its the drivers side that has broke, the passenger side doesn't have the spoiler so ill change them over later today and see how it goes.

bobfish45
26-01-2013, 11:22 PM
I hope I'm not intruding on this thread,but I am about to replace my wipers,they are noisy!They are origional b6.Is there a better replacement.Also,my wipers seem a bit laboured,does my motor need regreasing,or is it on the way out?Many thanks.Rod.

kite
27-01-2013, 01:07 AM
I hope I'm not intruding on this thread,but I am about to replace my wipers,they are noisy!They are origional b6.Is there a better replacement.Also,my wipers seem a bit laboured,does my motor need regreasing,or is it on the way out?Many thanks.Rod.

Your wipers slowing down is classic signs of the mech seizing up. The spindles need greasing.
There should be a "how to" on here somewhere.
While taking it all start why not upgrade to aero wipers

....If only I was as smart as this bloody phone

Doctle Odd
27-01-2013, 01:39 AM
I though that car had an aero wiper?
cheers Boy i read your previous post to another member,not only has that little plastic thing snapped, part of the wiper spoiler has snapped not allowing it to connect to wiper, i dont really need the wiperblade.
i took the wiper and the spoiler to the dealer and all the little bits, that's when he came back to me and said it need new arm. I have seen that clip on sale at stoke audi, Is the spoiler needed? just been out to car and found little u shped clip still attached to the arm

Guest 2
27-01-2013, 08:43 AM
B7's have aero wipers which can be retrofitted to the b6's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

alnaz276
27-01-2013, 10:15 AM
those wipers from halfords are no good for any one who stumbles on this thread with the same faults, right blade but no bits in the box.The lad in the shop opened one and showed me.
I cant help you with the motors mate but i think i will upgrade mine to the new aeros, managed to secure my wiper with a few cable ties at the minute luckily i have a works van so the car only gets used on shopping runs at the weekend.