PDA

View Full Version : Electric Lumbar Support & Seating Position Memory in Vienna Leather

mactrack
22-01-2013, 07:37 PM
My dealer has given me the heads-up regarding these two aspects of the Vienna leather 12 way adjustable sports seats. VW UK can't seem to get it right at all and have issued a bulletin in this regard as this option does not include electrically adjustable driver's lumbar support, it's manual, and there is no memory function at all! The option price stays the same and, as I can't see the point of 12 way adjustable front seats without at least a two position memory, I will be deleting this option.

glospete
23-01-2013, 12:55 PM
You are absolutely right. I have received this today from the VW bulletin:

Golf Vienna leather memory seat correction

22 January 2013
The latest Golf price list incorrectly states that optional 12-way adjustable seats feature a memory function.

We apologise for this error and will upload a corrected version of the price list as soon as possible.

VW0106-13

I find it unbelievable that VW can take 3 months to find out that they've made an error and didn't know that memory function is not included! This is my first VW (and maybe my last!) and I wait with some trepidation to see what my car does and does not include when it is delivered in March.

LATEST NEWS: My garage are going to speak to VW to see if they can cancel this option from my order as I'm not prepared to pay £510 for the electric operation of the driver's seat! There is a little piece of legislation called the Trade Description Act which may need to be waved in front of their noses if they become difficult.

Neil Ramsay
25-01-2013, 10:17 PM
Unbelievable, the December price list already contained specification revisions to the previous Oct version, of which I think Lane Assist now including High Beam Assist was the only positive change.

I'm scared to find out what they will discover next.

How do you get access to the VW bulletin ?

Thanks

glospete
27-01-2013, 11:22 AM
Unbelievable, the December price list already contained specification revisions to the previous Oct version, of which I think Lane Assist now including High Beam Assist was the only positive change.

I'm scared to find out what they will discover next.

How do you get access to the VW bulletin ?

Thanks

My dealer sent me a copy when I questioned the absence of the "memory seat" option (which I would never have known about had it not been for this forum!).

Good news and bad news on the seat situation though.

The good news is that VW has offered to pay £500 compensation to people who ordered memory seats and who now will obviously not get them as the option never existed. As the difference in price between leather and leather + electric was £320 (now £510) that seems a reasonable offer. Effectively I'm getting electric operation for free plus a figure of £180.

But the bad news is that the electric seat operation only works the driver's seat! After the "error" by VW UK was pointed out (3 months after they began offering the option!) the website configurator has changed but it's still incorrect. The old one said

"Vienna" leather upholstery featuring front seats with electric 12-way adjustment. Includes heated front sports seats, electrically-adjustable driver's lumbar support and seating position memory function for three drivers".

After 24 January it now says:

"Vienna" leather upholstery featuring front seats with electric 12-way adjustment. Includes heated front sports seats and electrically-adjustable driver's lumbar support".

But of course they are stating that the seats (plural) are electrically adjustable whereas my belief (having studied the German and Irish price lists) is that this only applies to the driver's seat. And mactrack also says that the lumbar support is also not electric!

As Neil Ramsay says "Unbelievable".

Neil Ramsay
27-01-2013, 04:33 PM
I suppose the offer of compensation is something, but scant comfort if you intended to make use of the function.

Looking at your ordered spec, were you not inclined to leave the winter pack as your now paying over £200 just for heated washers? Also curious to see how the main beam assist and xenon lights co-exist(as per other discussion).

Can't wait to see how your Marrakesh looks like, I gave in and went for black after no one else I asked had a good word to say about the brown

glospete
27-01-2013, 04:52 PM
I suppose the offer of compensation is something, but scant comfort if you intended to make use of the function.

Looking at your ordered spec, were you not inclined to leave the winter pack as your now paying over £200 just for heated washers? Also curious to see how the main beam assist and xenon lights co-exist(as per other discussion).

Can't wait to see how your Marrakesh looks like, I gave in and went for black after no one else I asked had a good word to say about the brown

Yes I should have probably skipped the Winter Pack for exactly the reason you stated above. To be honest I missed the fact that most of the items were already included in other options. My defence is that I naively believed that VW UK wouldn't be so stupid as to charge twice for items already specced. But I guess the "extra" £180 VW are giving me goes toward the £260 that it's costing me. What really irks is that translating the German price list the Winter Packet (as they call it) is 425 Euros or 295 Euros if you've ordered Xenon headlights or 57 if you've ordered Xenon headlights and leather upholstery. I think it is probably idiocy on the part of VW UK rather than maximising profit. I don't think they're smart enough to do that!

No one I've spoken to has seen the Marrakesh - even my dealer on Friday didn't have a sample of the brown leather - he just brought out the brochure. I guess it'll be another thing to be surprised about on collection day!

Neil Ramsay
28-01-2013, 10:46 PM
€57, might have went for the winter pack at that price. Greed or incompetence with VW UK, who knows !

Hopefully all your delivery day surprises will be positive ones after the drip drip of specification downgrades we are suffering. At least the actual car seems to be a great success.