PDA

View Full Version : Driver Profile Selection

cdgthreesalmons
22-01-2013, 04:54 PM
Thought readers may be interested in this response from VW technical to my question regarding what the Driver Profile Selection does on the new Golf.

"The Driver Profile System allows the driver to change the performance characteristics of their vehicle, to suit the current driving conditions or their individual mood. The settings available are:

Comfort - Creates a comfort-based vehicle setup and is suited to poor-quality sections of road or long motorway journeys. Normal - Balanced setting, e.g. for everyday use. Sport - Gives the vehicle a sporty driving feel and is suited to a sporty driving style. Eco - Switches the vehicle into economical mode and helps the driver to drive the vehicle in a fuel-efficient manner. Individual - Individual systems can be adjusted to suit your personal requirements

There are numerous adjustments which are made to the vehicle in order to create these settings. Adaptive Chassis Control (DCC) allows changes to be made to the damper control to give a harder or softer ride. In Sport Mode, changes are made to the power steering to make the driving response more agile. Adjustments can also be made to the engine and gearbox to provide a more dynamic or balanced response to the movement of the accelerator pedal.

Changes can also be made to Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) to provide more ecological or sportier responses. The dynamic bend lighting and automatic main beam assist can also be amended. Finally even the Air Conditioning System can be adapted in eco mode to be even more economical."

glospete
23-01-2013, 09:35 AM
Just a small addition. The "Comfort" setting is only available when the DSG gearbox option is selected. And of course the settings have no influence on suspension unless the Adaptive Chassis Control (DCC) is optioned.

Pommyboi
24-01-2013, 06:18 PM
I'm really struggling to tell the difference between the different modes. I had it set to Eco for the 2.5 hr trip home yesterday and economy got up to 52mpg which is much better than the 47mpg on the way to my meeting but whether that was due to the Eco mode, just luck or traffic on the motorway I couldn't say.