PDA

View Full Version : Mk 7 Ordered (cant wait now )

JDB007
21-01-2013, 04:27 PM
It's nice to see that there are many orders being placed for the MK 7 its certainly attracting a lot of interest and makes me feel that I have done the right thing, after spending months and months of selecting a replacement car (never never want another Vauxhall again!!). The test drive was the GT TDI version and it felt so comfortable easy to drive and quiet it really cemented my decision.

So I ordered the GT TSI ACT 140PS in SUNSET RED which should arrive around mid March, with standard spec + the 5 yr Warranty and 3 year Service plan. My local dealer in Basingstoke has also offered the GAP Insurance and the AUTO GLYM LifeShine packages, but I turned them down as I think I can keep the car in good shape with good old wax polish and a little elbow grease.
I will keep the Forum posted with how the car performs and look forward to watching how others get on with their "chariots" :drive:

Good luck to all MK 7 owners keep the forum updated

JDB007 (Retired)

sebtomato
21-01-2013, 04:38 PM
Mid-March! That's seems to be very quick. I was quoted 4 months waiting time last week for a GT 1.4 Tsi ACT DSG.

JDB007
21-01-2013, 05:48 PM
Mid-March! That's seems to be very quick. I was quoted 4 months waiting time last week for a GT 1.4 Tsi ACT DSG.

You are probably right the order was placed on the 10th January and I was given 10 - 12 weeks so its towards the end of March ....

andyCYM
23-01-2013, 07:21 PM
You are probably right the order was placed on the 10th January and I was given 10 - 12 weeks so its towards the end of March ....

I ordered 20 November and am being quoted late March. Seems to be 4 months unless you find a dealer with a build slot in reserve.

JDB007
23-01-2013, 08:09 PM
andtCYM

Mmmm that's interesting my dealer in (BASINGSTOKE) said that they normally quote 13-14 weeks but they could see 10-12 weeks delivery???
I am still waiting (next few days) for the BUILD number from Germany so that I can track progress of the order.
Anyhow we can't do much about so have to wait
Stay tuned

iallen1@btinter
26-01-2013, 09:22 PM
Whats the 5 year warranty you mention is that a new thing then or a paid extra

andyCYM
26-01-2013, 10:33 PM
Heard today that my order has been brought forward by '46 days', so no longer 'late march' but now 'early march' - work that out if you can! In the meantime, will have to carry on slumming it in my Mk6 GTD, which I really don't want to say goodbye to anyway.

glospete
26-01-2013, 11:52 PM
Whats the 5 year warranty you mention is that a new thing then or a paid extra

VW offers a 4 or 5 year warranty i.e. extra 1 or 2 years. You have to take it out at time of placing the order and the full price for the extra 2 years is £490. I believe that VW dealers can offer a warranty extension but it's not the full factory warranty.

iallen1@btinter
27-01-2013, 09:48 AM
Wouldnt be worth it to me i only keep my cars 3 years im on my third mk6 know i had one wrote off in April 2012 a woman hit me head on at 50mph got a new one off insurance and got quite a bit more than i paid for it and they just put the money in my bank so i could order a new one, the mk 7 looks ok but i do fancy a change what do people think of the Audi A3 which beats the golf in what car, sorry for going off topic

JDB007
27-01-2013, 03:15 PM
Basic 3 year warranty (as standard) and I have paid for 2 additional years for peace of mind, bearing in mind that the MK7 has ACT which s still relatively new.
JDB007