PDA

View Full Version : Is this you?

DrNorthy
20-01-2013, 02:09 PM
How could somebody be so stupid I think it's an A6.
It was seen on the M4 between junctions 28 & 29.

Brycie
20-01-2013, 02:23 PM
A4 B7 isn't it? Either way, the height of stupidity.

Guest 2
20-01-2013, 02:57 PM
That's pretty stupid lol and it's a B7 ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kodkod.84
20-01-2013, 07:03 PM
How did he even get off the slip road and onto the motorway with no wing mirror usage and not side swipe someone- that's gotta be worth points and a fine indeed.

Only yesterday my mrs was moaning at me because I left snow on the screen washers but as they are heated warm water managed to blast through anyhow :) I think I will show her this!

fat controller
20-01-2013, 08:28 PM
The driver of that vehicle should be banned from driving - for life.

Phil K
20-01-2013, 08:30 PM
As already said, its a B7 A4 S Line and looking at the bumper and down turned exhaust I expect its at least a 2.0 TDI 170PS model (sad geek that I am).

Personally I'd be sending those pictures to the police identifying the car reg, where taken and time of incident. Utter planks like this should not be allowed on the roads! What if he hit and killed a member of your family because he couldn't clearly see!?!

3 points would be letting him off lightly!

Jason Carson
20-01-2013, 09:20 PM
Now I feel kinda stupid for getting a cloth making sure my headlights and rear lights are clear on a rainy day lol

Audi Nick
20-01-2013, 10:32 PM
I would like to say that this was an exception, but I have seen loads of them over the past couple of days. Where are the police when you need them, they are very keen to set up road blocks to catch drunk drivers in the morning but no so quick to catch idiots like this, do you think the cold weather puts them off?

Brycie
20-01-2013, 11:15 PM
Then there's the other type of idiot who actually does clear all their windows, but leaves a foot of snow on their rooves and taking to the motorway throwing snow at all behind them, an 'I'm alright Jack, I can see, who gives a toss about you' attitude.

belly buster
21-01-2013, 01:26 AM
I actually find that quite useful especially if the washer bottle has frozen up and there's a ton of salt building up on the windscreen :D

Brycie
21-01-2013, 01:34 AM
You missed your calling in life BB, you should have been a spin doctor ;). Now that you mention it though, I believe I too have been behind a car in that situation hoping for more on my windscreen, but no, it normally just falls off in big clumps & bounces in front of my car so I can drive into it.

fat controller
21-01-2013, 08:09 PM
I agree, there is far too much of it nowadays - I followed a Megane (the one with the fat ****) yesterday and the snow had slid off that near vertical rear window and added onto the stuff on the bootlid, completely obscuring the rear lights. The only way I knew he was braking was when I started to get closer to him!

Brycie
21-01-2013, 08:48 PM
Plus the fact that the Police can and have done people for driving with snow on their car rooves.

NickPicks
22-01-2013, 11:58 AM
Well, the picture I saw on twitter (by @Jonny_Ellis) still has the registration number SN57VHL visible, so whether the police can use that to prove an offence is the question. I suspect they'd also have to prove who was driving, which doesn't look visible.

Still, at least he'd cleared the back and side windows:

Sam
22-01-2013, 12:28 PM
There should be snipers on all motorway gantries for this very reason.

JimC64
22-01-2013, 12:41 PM
proper Numpty pure & simple and shouldn't be allowed on the roads, let alone in charge of ANY kind of machinery!!

Its probably the same guy that drives with his foglights on on a clear day / night and yet bombs along on the motorway when its
dull, misty and raining with NO lights.......HONESTLY!!

Crasher
22-01-2013, 03:25 PM
As already said, its a B7 A4 S Line and looking at the bumper and down turned exhaust I expect its at least a 2.0 TDI 170PS model (sad geek that I am).

It's a 2008 model type 8E S LINE TDI 170 2WD with a BRD engine and first registered by Highland Audi 27 NOV 2007

theskyfox
22-01-2013, 07:53 PM
Agreed as above. Total numpty. I've witnessed some terrible driving in the snow in the last few days...what bothers me the most about it is the danger it puts other people in (That, and that fact that our insurance premiums will go up because of muppets like this).

-Andrew

Crasher
22-01-2013, 11:38 PM
This morning a woman was walking towards me on the road to avoid the icy pavement. The only trouble was the road was also sheet ice and she was pushing a pram containing the fruit of her womb!

ScottyUK
23-01-2013, 01:33 AM
Prams are often used as 'traffic testers'. You see them stick out between parked cars before the parent follows. Amazing! I guess it's darwinism in action stopping them spreading their genes !

theskyfox
23-01-2013, 12:38 PM
This morning a woman was walking towards me on the road to avoid the icy pavement. The only trouble was the road was also sheet ice and she was pushing a pram containing the fruit of her womb!

This always makes my blood boil. Roads are dangerous at the best of times...walking on it in the snow is just suicide. Common sense tells you the two things a car cannot do on the snow are Steer and Brake...both of which you know...are *fairly* important. HOW ARE PEOPLE SO STUPID?! Grrr lol....

-Andrew

infectededen
28-01-2013, 02:34 PM
Then there's the other type of idiot who actually does clear all their windows, but leaves a foot of snow on their rooves and taking to the motorway throwing snow at all behind them, an 'I'm alright Jack, I can see, who gives a toss about you' attitude.

One of those types of idiots crashed into me last winter. I stopped at a roundabout and they went to stop too but the snow on their roof came over their windscreen which through off their judgement and they bumped into me.

AT least 50% of cars have full snow on roofs that I see and probably 10% don't even fully clear their windows.

I spend a good 5 minutes going around the entire car getting rid of all the snow and clearing the lights etc. People seem to be ignorant to the fact that it's not just themselves at risk.