PDA

View Full Version : Must-have apps

Brycie
19-01-2013, 12:56 AM
I did a search for this and couldn't see much in the last two or three years, so I thought I'd see what apps you lot have that you think the rest of us should download. I'm on Android & only really download free apps.

The one I've found recently that I really love is a little driving game called Beach Buggy Blitz. It's very addictive, has great graphics, is very fun and is free. Basically drive a buggy or car around an island beach collecting stars and trying to get to the next checkpoint before your time runs out, obviously avoiding obstacles & other cars on your way. It's available on Android and iPhone.

There's also one I like on Android (only I think) called Scratch and guess in which you basically scratch away the silver cover (like you would on a scratch card) to reveal a picture. The picture might be of a movie, a movie character, a landmark, company logo etc. I just think it's cool how you can scratch it like a scratch card & I'm also a bit of a movie geek, so it ticks all the boxes.

The wife also has a good solitaire game called Fairway Solitaire, with a Golf-based theme, so you do levels & end up under or over par. It's only on the iPhone & you may have to pay 69p for advanced levels, but it's free for the first few levels.

Remember to explain if it's Apple or Android, if it's free or not and a rough explanation of what the app is folks.

Guest 2
19-01-2013, 09:15 AM
Tapatalk - multi platform, makes browsing the forum quicker and easier due to it being text only and there is no theme etc to load. It's 79p I think on Apples AppStore

Bump - you already have this but for future reference it allows pictures and contacts to be sent cross platforms by bumping the phones together.

Whatsapp - same idea as bump but allows free messages, pictures and videos to be sent free. Multiplatform and is 99p I think on Apples AppStore

I just have the normal eBay, PayPal, photobucket, ulster bank and Santander apps on my phone which are all free and cross platform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tonyandkaty
19-01-2013, 10:08 AM
I recently installed this on my android phone, it is a great little app you have a free version which had a small bug on my phone where you could not view the videos through the app but find them in the folder on your phone and they worked fine, so I thought would try spending £1.68 :-) and bought the pro version and it works perfect. video quality is excellent with the phones camera and sound pick up, lots cheaper than buying a specific cctv. Only advice I would give is it drains the phone battery very quickly so keep it charging and run it in the background and it is fine.
AutoBoy BlackBox - Android Apps on Google Play (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jeon.blackbox&hl=en) Autoboy Blackbox Free Version

AutoBoy BlackBox Pro - Android Apps on Google Play (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.autoboy.blackbox&feature=more_from_developer) Autoboy Blackbox Pro Version £1.68

Doctle Odd
19-01-2013, 10:38 AM
I have texts and calls on my phone, I look like a luddite