PDA

View Full Version : Fuel/Temp guage fault

super-drive
20-08-2007, 07:54 PM
Transporter
2.0L
Petrol

I have an intermitant fault on my fuel and temp guages. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't and sometimes they half work (temp guage shows half actual temp and fuel shows half actual fuel level!):aargh4:

I have tried looking into it myself and think it could be a faulty 'three pronged chip' that I think might be a voltage stabaliser?? (mounted to right of instrument panel).

Can anyone suggest if I may be right or wrong and maybe suggest what may be the problem if I am wrong. If in the unlikely event my diagnosis is correct where might I get a chip from? Thanks:1zhelp:

super-drive
21-08-2007, 09:04 AM
Found this so will give it a try first. Hope it helps anyone else with same problem.

http://www.vwoc.euromarques.com/technical/tales_from_the_toolbox/t4_gauges.htm

mazz
22-08-2007, 12:12 AM
real common problem on T4 presumming its got a non digital mileometer ,corrados and passats share same fault ,its eithier your voltage regulator (about £2.80 from vw )or its your printed circuit knackered so change your voltage reg first

Coupe16v
22-08-2007, 01:00 AM
I had the same problem with both temp and fuel gauges on my Coupe. I re-soldered the "dry joints" and all is well again.

super-drive
30-08-2007, 09:31 PM
As I had solderer and solder to hand I tried the joints. All now working well.

Coupe16v
30-08-2007, 10:29 PM
As I had solderer and solder to hand I tried the joints. All now working well.

Glad you sorted it