PDA

View Full Version : Suspension issue

Westonpark
18-01-2013, 01:32 PM
Is anybody else having problems with their air suspension due to cold weather. My air suspension light (the yellow one) came on and I'm being told its due to the weather and will be ok once the weather improves. It doesn't sound right to me.

jonnieboyracer
22-01-2013, 02:40 PM
Is anybody else having problems with their air suspension due to cold weather. My air suspension light (the yellow one) came on and I'm being told its due to the weather and will be ok once the weather improves. It doesn't sound right to me.

LOL... it may be OK when the weather improves. I guess there could be a small leak which is made worse because any seals are less pliable in the cold. That said, the problem you have is not normal, no.

Can you get someone with VagCom to scan the level control module and see what it is reporting?

Westonpark
22-01-2013, 02:56 PM
I've been told its a known problem with a 2010 q7, the later models have upgraded parts which remove the moisture which is now freezing. It's a £400 charge to have a "fix" put in place which improves things.

jonnieboyracer
22-01-2013, 03:01 PM
:(

Sorry I can't add much... my Q7 is a bit older than yours - late 2006.

Westonpark
22-01-2013, 03:18 PM
In theory you have may have the same issue as me.

baylissboy
23-01-2013, 10:53 PM
I've been told its a known problem with a 2010 q7, the later models have upgraded parts which remove the moisture which is now freezing. It's a £400 charge to have a "fix" put in place which improves things.That's correct...there's a TPI for it....basically the moisture in the system does freeze & the valve block doesn't work correctly...the mod is basically better filtering so the moisture doesn't get into the system.

inverurieman
25-01-2013, 08:33 PM
I have a 2007 model and currently have the same issue. However the light goes off later in the day once temperature rises.

Westonpark
25-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Baylissboy, what are the issues of not having the work/repair done.

baylissboy
22-02-2013, 11:28 PM
Baylissboy, what are the issues of not having the work/repair done.No lasting damage, the suspension won't adjust & the warning light comes on. When the ambiant temp goes back above freezing the system is ok again!